EFC Training Report 9 July

Let them have some fun for remainder of the year.

Bring in Giles, both new draftees, Pears ( farewell game ), Edwards, Winderlich ( farewell game )

Thanks Karma for the report and the pics.

Thought the cart into the forward line was a great idea, lol.

Yes need a full on ambulance as well several times a game after some of those handpasses.

Not Happy,…Mark.

Thanks karma … you are my training lifeline now

After the defeat the coach said “Heading into today’s game I thought we trained well.” Interesting to see how he thinks we trained today.

Karma Bomber summed it up - “going through the motions”. I can understand that. I went to training today hoping that they might be ferocious after their humiliation last week and champing at the bit - afraid not. That comment applies to coaches and players alike.

The skipper said “You have to go back to one simple principle - and that’s hard work.” Interesting to see if he thought today’s session was hard work I certainly didn’t. There is also a bye in the VFL this week so you would think that the potential VFL players would get a really strong session today but they didn’t.

Club is really down and needs our support more than ever.

STAND BY ESSENDON.

:confused:

HAMS!

HAMS!

http://www.wikinvest.com/futures/Lean_Hogs_Futures

Look at Joey’s hand at the ball drop. No wonder he can’t straight. Hand behind the ball, not on the side look at the photo of Lloyd. Hand on the side Joey!

Those pics of Joe and Lloyd should be sent to the club because it’s seems that no-one in the skills department have owned a camera of any description in the last decade to show players what they’re doing wrong.

Those pics of Joe and Lloyd should be sent to the club because it's seems that no-one in the skills department have owned a camera of any description in the last decade to show players what they're doing wrong.

You idiot

Those pics of Joe and Lloyd should be sent to the club because it's seems that no-one in the skills department have owned a camera of any description in the last decade to show players what they're doing wrong.
Do you think maybe there's a chance they already know this? I mean, what would be the best way of fixing it? My personal suggestion would be to get Matty Lloyd back, in a coaching capacity, to help them work through the issues they have. He wasn't great early, but became an excellent shot at goal by the end of his career. Wait, hang on, who was that in the pic with Hooker? Now all we need is for them to fix their body positioning, their ball drop, and their follow through over night and everything will be fine.

That’s the problem though…

The team just looks so far behind the eight ball compared to the top 8 and if it’s because skills training hasn’t been up to the high standard of other clubs then the team won’t suddenly become good overnight, which seems rediculous.

You idiot

I’m taking a guess at sarcastica.
Or, you’re right.

That's the problem though...

The team just looks so far behind the eight ball compared to the top 8 and if it’s because skills training hasn’t been up to the high standard of other clubs then the team won’t suddenly become good overnight, which seems rediculous.

For real. So FAR behind top 8 team.
They might look behind atm with half the best 22 injured yes but when the team is fit and firing and not under a grey cloud like early in the season they are very much a top 8 team!!

Melk twangs hamstring at training. Proof some players do exert themselves at training. Sorry. I know I am a bit sarcastic.
But I hope its that rather than indicative of the start of a 2012 style late season soft tissue meltdown

===================================================================================

Essendon assistant coach Mark Thompson concedes the Bombers’ high injury toll is ‘unacceptable’
By staff writers FOX SPORTS July 31, 2012 11:59AM SHARE

Mark Thompson
Essendon assistant coach Mark Thompson has finally conceded the club’s high injury toll is “unacceptable” as the Bombers change a number of training methods to stem the bleeding.

The Bombers were belted by Hawthorn last Friday night with a host of key players, including Michael Hurley, Paddy Ryder and David Zaharakis, on the sidelines.

It has been reported that Essendon, who have been touchy on the injury topic in 2012, have suffered 25 soft-tissue injuries this season.

The finger has been pointed at their manager of high performance Dean Robinson.

The man known as ‘The Weapon’ flogged the Bombers during a torturous pre-season campaign.

After a bright start, the Bombers are now reeling, having lost three of their past four matches by 71, 67 and 94 points.

Thompson, the former Geelong coach, was pushed on the matter on AFL 360 on Monday night.

“We’re not happy with it,” Thompson said.

“We knew there would be some pain. Unfortunately there’s been too much pain.”

The Bombers are likely to regain Hurley for this week’s AAMI Stadium clash against Adelaide Crows.

Thompson said talented big man Ryder was the most important absentee of those not on the park at the moment.

He said the Bombers were starting to train later in the week and had adjusted their post-match recovery to ease the pain.

“You go through little problems throughout the year and at the end of the year you do a review,” Thompson said.

“We’ve looked at ways we can do things better. We can change three or four things.”

Oh for the days pre saga when we could read that article and our only issue was whether they’d been training too hard.

You idiot

I’m taking a guess at sarcastica.
Or, you’re right.

You’d be right, but as usual the sensitive little regulars throw abuse around.
The Lloydy goal kicking technique the most inspiring photo of the lot bring him in retired way too early damn you knighta On a sombre day indeed Hirdy look confident... lose the sacked loser coaches around you for a start

Lloyd has recently said he was done at 28 but forced himself to eek out a further 3 years.