EFC Training Report 9 July

Along with Jackie M, I attended this morning’s training in cold, blustery conditions. The overcast sky matched the somewhat “greyness” of the training which seemed a bit like going through the motions without any particular expectations.

Apart from the obvious players missing from training (Belly, Carlisle, Colyer, Fantasia, Chappy, Winderlich and Watson) a number of others either didn’t train at all or didn’t make it through the session - Hocking left the track early, Cooney walked laps, whilst Myers, Fletch and Kommer only appeared towards the end and basically signed autographs.

On a more positive note (DJR!), Hams returned to the track. Lloydy worked specifically with Joey and Hooksy to try and improve conversions - seems like it might help if we can get the ball to them a bit more often!

A number of stoppage drills with emphasis on tackling and keeping the ball in when down the forwardline. Nothing to be inspired about!
As a genius once said - “what we get is what we get!”

…and now a few pics
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Does this look like a man who’s happy with the team?

…but he is a man who knows how to find another coach who knows about being down!

A bit of action from the younger brigade - Laverde, McKenna and Long

A sense of anticipation…but for what?

“Maybe we’ll pray and see what happens!”

Laverde mentioned as playing at Hird’s post-trading training press conference???

…and these

Lloydy tries to demonstrate the position at ball drop…get your head over the ball, guys!

Joey has a try…watch that lean back Joey!

Hooksy has a go…now that’s different but very effective kicking into the breeze.

“Where the hell are you leading us to Kav? We seem to be going around in circles!”

“I’ve got a great idea, Hirdy. When the ump bounces the ball we tap it into this cart and Benny can drive it forward to hand over to Joey!”

“You really have lost the plot haven’t you Skippy! No wonder I put Corrigan in charge of the Two’s!!”

Laverde mentioned as playing at Hird's post-trading press conference????

who’d we pick up?

Freudian slip?

…and finally

Ashby still trying to figure out how to get back in the seniors.

Jake Long looking more and more assured with his ball handling.

Joey proving he can mark a ball on the chest when he leads his opponent.

Lloydy and Hooksy discuss goal kicking techniques and the latest in halter neck winter fashions for footballers.

…and just for you, DJR

Where you been man?

How was the mood?

Was it any different to earlier in the year?

How was the mood?

Was it any different to earlier in the year?

Like you’d expect from a team with a 4-9 record and a growing list of injuries!

who'd we pick up?
Argh.
Laverde mentioned as playing at Hird's post-trading training press conference????

Expect between 3 to 5 changes. Cooney and Watson definite OUTS. Demps a probable OUT and Alex Browne a probable IN.
Most punters seem to think it inevitable that Giles will also be brought IN. Other possible INS are Edwards, Laverde and maybe even Ambrose being recalled.

How did Pears go??

I think he should be played up forward in the AFL…

How did Pears go??

Inconsistent. Dropped a couple of uncontested marks during simulated match practice.

How did Pears go??

Inconsistent. Dropped a couple of uncontested marks during simulated match practice.

Great. Was he trying his best out there?? Shouldn’t be dropping uncontested marks.
FFS…

He really should be pushing for selection by now. Has done well in the VFL.

How was Zaharakis? Does he look like he’s getting back on track yet? I only ask because he’s dropped to <$400k in supercoach now and he looks a good buy :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the training report and photos!

Thanks Karma. All sounds a bit depressing.

Sombre atmosphere, but viewed through the eyes of a person with lowered expectations.
Maybe thats just a very serious attitude they have and it comes across as sombre.

Thanks KB and Jackie for taking the time to check them out. KB, great photos as usual.

great report and pics

Thanks Kb!

The Lloydy goal kicking technique the most inspiring photo of the lot bring him in retired way too early damn you knighta On a sombre day indeed Hirdy look confident... lose the sacked loser coaches around you for a start

The pictures of both Lloyd and Daniher illustrate Daniher’s problem - Lloyd, like both Lockett (especially) & Dunstall really puts his head of the ball as he kicks and his shoulders are haunched. Daniher, on the other hand, is very upright as he kicks and his head is pointing more ahead than down. Cloke has a similar problem to this.