EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Well if Langford is the big body he should. If not the whole development process in his case is a sham

1 Like

why

One, because I don’t think Langford is that great, and two, Brown Hartley dea Hurley match up on Fogarty,Jenkins, lynch and McGovern

1 Like

Getting pretty annoying to hear crow say how well things are going even though we have 9-10 blokes injured and a game hasn’t been played yet.

Crow did a good job last year but things are not going great thus far this year.

Obviously collision injuries or breaks like Gleeson and ambrose are hard to avoid but the laverde situation was one which appeared to be mismanaged.

7 Likes

■■■■■■■ hell just when we needed Myers the most he has a tight calf

Don’t worry, we’re taking a cautious approach and he’ll be cherry ripe for our round 14 clash at OPTUS STADIUM

2 Likes

Crows have their injury concerns too but i cant see us beating them to many injuries to cover.

Agree. Wtf is he thinking? Things are terrible. Huge injury list before the season has started, we’ll be playing blokes like long and guelfi before too long

Going to be fun seeing Hartley and Brown getting deystroyed by Jenkins and Lynch while poor Hurley has his hands full lols

Myers- is a loss. But we should have enough guys to cover. If we can’t cover the loss of Myers we are in awful shape. If there was ever a time to bring in Langford and say sink or swim its now. I would be asking Smith to play a more inside role, Langford more outside

Gleeson- will leave a hole, Brown should hopefully be able to fill in for him though

McNeice- Bags is a proven player. So we are fine there

Ambrose- this is the one that really hurts. We will just have to pick Hartley and hope like hell he remembers how to be a defender

Fantasia- massive loss. No one player can replace him, just need everyone else to pick up the slack.

We have the players available to beat Adelaide, i have no doubt about that.

6 Likes

Defenders:

Ambrose
Gleeson
McNiece
Brown

Mids:

Myers
Mutch
Colyer

Fwds:

Fanta
Lav

Fark me dead. It’s building.

2 Likes

8 blokes out by my count
Not 9 or 10
Fanta and Myers and McNeiceshould be right next week by all accounts.
Assuming no game day injuries that’s 5 unavailable for round two.
Not ideal, but almost all clubs are around that from a full list.
The season is a marathon, not a sprint, and at least we’ve no ACL’s or indefinite concussions touch wood.
Training harder, more contact & pressure risks more injuries than what was essentially a rehab pre season.

Laverde is the only one that hurts, but I’m not ruling out his own foolish desperation to play as being a significant factor.

Fantasia back next week

Brown and Mutch are not on injury list anymore, just rebuilding fitness

As of next week we’d only have 3 best 22 players missing (Gleeson/Ambrose/Myers) and frankly Myers is marginal. Langford should be stepping up to provide a similar output.

1 Like

Brown is fine

Yep.

Reflects poorly on the opposition planning that he can kick such a high percentage from that close out.

I’m wrapped Brown can come in. Is an underrated player and can certainly do some of the intercept marking we desperately need.

We’ll still get flogged though.

Ahh right. Well that is good. I wonder with his preparation if they will manage his minutes in the 2’s (is there a VFL practice match?) or bring him straight in to face the crows.

Did someone say Lav trained fully? Not far off? Would be awesome to have him ready Round 3 or so? That seems so early though

The sooner we can lose another 3 more players to injury before the game and begin round 1, the better!

4 Likes

Would like to see Guelfi make his debut rather him than Langford.

2 Likes