EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

I’m claiming him as my boy

If anyone needs a couple of spare tickets for the game they can borrow mine. Level 2 premium seating in a pretty good location.
Not sure of the best way of getting them but I’m sure someone will know

1 Like

Its because RAZ isn’t playing isn’t IT?

Can’t blame Finding Nino. The Essendon season guide shows Guelfi kicked 41 goals last year. Plus at 197cm, 101 kg, he’s the big bodied player we need there…

5 Likes

No Raz, no go :grinning:

Local cricket grand finals Saturday and I help coach our u14’s who are playing in it.

I am more impressed by his experience, 150 + games, before the age of 20, than l am by his size.

2 Likes

He is super important

I watched the Stewart 2017 highlights package today and he’s so often in the scoring chain

Looks more like 187 cm tall, nowhere near 197 cm tall.

Taylor Walker a big out for the crows though yeah?

Fanta aside I’m not feeling too deprived of our outs.

I really have no idea what to expect

1 Like

I would pick Guelfi over Langford too if Guelfi is being picked to do a tagging job on Sloane.

Over the last few years, tagging Sloane goes a long way to beating the Crows - just ask the Tigers about last year’s GF when Graham was sifted onto him and shut him down.

As it is, I’d be ok with Langford now coming in for Myers and for McGrath being given the job of shutting down Sloane.

Best way of topping Betts & Jenkins kicking a bag each is to stop the ball getting down the Crows forward line repeatedly and the prime way of doing that is tagging Sloane who has repeatedly shown he does not handle a tag well.

Need to get off to a good start kick 2-3 quick goals and set the tone for the night would like the team to get up in thier faces physically

Worsfold dosen’t belive in taggers unfortanley

Guelfi debuted in 2008. That’s some serious under-the-radar flying.

5 Likes

Good luck to your lads for Saturday @Aceman

Updated 22, following Crow’s injury report.
Bagman - McNiece
Langford - Myers

B: Bagman ** Hooker Irish
HB: Saad Hurls BJ
C: Pidge Heppell Zaka
HF: Stringer Joey Walla
F: Begley Stewart Green
R: Belly Smith Zerrett
Int: Parish, Langers, Dea, * Brown (tempted to play Smack - if elevated off the rookie list/ available).

** Most likely that Hooker plays forward (although would prefer him at FB).

Cheers.
They are a good group and haven’t lost a game yet but anything can happen in a GF.

3 Likes

I don’t either.
But looking at it positively i’m convinced our midfield run will be way better than it’s been for years, thanks to the addition of McGrath and Smith, so that alone should reduce/remove what has been a big weakness for a long time

3 Likes

Agree the damage Walker does 50-90 meters out from goal whether a 60m set shot or his delivery inside 50 or opening space up inside the 50 is very under valued.

1 Like

I think we’ve solved our hooker back or forward problem.

Just play 2 of him

1 Like