EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Makes us sound like we are some sort of gimmick / pretend type team

I gather you’re not in favour of us changing the song tune to Sweet Georgia Brown

2 Likes

I’d prefer Stagger Lee.

3 Likes

On so many levels…Just watch the AFL use this as an ‘opportunity’ to base us out of China and India.

The globetrotters are a flashy team who is all out attack and no defence. Who does that sound like? When we start stopping 7+ unanswered goals against us in a row and conceding big scores, we’ll probably lose that tag

1 Like

Better than being the Washington Generals though!

7 Likes

Have you seen how the referees treat the Globetrotters?

6 Likes

L O N G Y
O
N
G
Y

2 Likes

Why is wolsfold close to signing a new contract? :frowning:

1 Like

Lynch playing

Just saw that tweet. Bugger!

photo jts_1.jpg

ESSENDON v ADELAIDE (Hayden Skipworth Cup)

Friday March 23 at Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

How to watch on Fox Footy: Channel 504 from 7pm, hosted by Eddie McGuire with Dermott Brereton, Paul Roos, Jonathan Brown, David King, Gerard Healy, Cameron Mooney and Neroli Meadows with the news.

Bombers’ burning question: How hard will it be to stop the Crows onslaught?

In the last four matches between the Bombers and Crows, Adelaide has annihilated the Bombers on the scoreboard, piling on concerning scores of 123, 153, 143 and 171 respectively. Then in the two JLT Community Series, the Dons conceded 124 points to the Tigers (in a shortened game) then 97 to the Cats. If the Bombers fail to plug the defensive holes, expect the Crows to produce another big score well into three figures.

Crows’ burning question: What will the response to the Grand Final loss be like?

If things click for the Crows, you’d expect it to be fierce, even though captain Taylor Walker won’t be out there due to a foot injury. Crows fans will be looking forward to seeing Bryce Gibbs in Adelaide colours for the first time — a star player that has been dubbed the missing link in the Crows’ premiership puzzle. Considering their excellent past record against the Dons, Don Pyke’s men loom as big winner.

Predicted post-game headline:

Tip: Adelaide by 18 points

If you can’t get fired up for “The Hayden Skipworth Cup” then what can you?

10 Likes

That’s what I would like to know.

I’m having flashbacks when Matthew Knights was coaching.

I hope not.
I hate wiping up vomit.

2 Likes

Surely that’s a Blitz pisstake?

Surely

Would prefer it was the Greg Anderson cup

1 Like

How does the lovely Mrs D feel about the Stringer situation?

1 Like

And Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton & Geelong