EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Now that’s the sort of solid defence that I would like EFC to set wright!

4 Likes

Mcniece hasn’t established himself as a best 22 player so I wouldn’t say he is a loss at this point of time.

Also we need a minimum of 3 key position defenders against this forward line. Dea will need to play as the 4th as they will have 4 key forwards:

Match Ups

Fogarty (193cm / 94kg - Hurley (193cm / 92kg
Lynch (193cm / 88kg - Dea (186cm / 85kg
Jenkins (200cm / 108kg - Hartley (198cm / 104kg
McGovern (190cm / 89kg - Brown (196cm / 95kg

Betts - Saad

2 Likes

The rampart is the castle at its highest point.

10 Likes

Just shoot me fam

The AFL story which ruled Ambrose out also said Brown wasn’t available unfortunately.

Crowe said he is good to go.

3 Likes

Absolutely infuriating for him to feed us a ■■■■■ sandwich and then say “oh but the positives are that we will have a fit and healthy team for round 1!”

I’m sorry Justin, were you not listening to yourself crap on for the previous 4 minutes, telling us how “well” our players are recovering from mostly avoidable injuries?

Laverde = Poor Management
McNeice = Poor Management / Unlucky
Fantasia = Really poor management
Myers = Perennially injured / inevitable
Colyer = Verging on perennially injured
Mutch = Poor Management
Ambrose = Unlucky

Like others have said, he was good managing loads last year and keeping our guys healthy.

But he is off to a shocking start to this season and it could mean our season is over before it has even begun.

He’ll be under the microscope by supporters this year after the way the year has started.

I don’t understand how we sturggle against the Crows when they play a high scoring brand footy if anything it should suit us.

It’s high scoring for them, typically not for their opponents. They don’t play shootouts.

I’m sorry but there is just no way, even if you were qualified and with a wealth of experience such as Crow, you are able to put anything down to poor/really poor management based on the information given or supplied to the public.

7 Likes

Laverde tightness reported week before injury. Same with raz.

If an AFL-level conditioning coach clears a player’s tightness with all the information at hand and stakes well known then I back his judgement over our ill-informed opinions made in hindsight, which, are easy to be fuelled by the disappointment of losing said player.

7 Likes

I thought it was a bell chamber

1 Like

I reckon it’s 8 guys at most.

Ambrose
Fanta
Myers
McNeice
Laverde
Gleeson
Mutch
Colyer

Anyone else?

Of those, Mutch and Laverde started training with the main group today, so you’d think they’re only a couple of weeks away. You’d also hope Fanta, Myers and McNeice are all available by round 2 or 3.

It’s not ideal but it’s nothing disastrous.
Arguably Myers and McNeice have been well managed by getting scans and keeping them out this week. Maybe they have learnt from the Laverde situation.

Considering the good run we had in 2016 & 2017, I think the fitness staff have earnt a bit of slack for a little while.

3 Likes

Great news then!!

Ridley played the last VFL practice match. He’s available now.

3 Likes

To be fair, we can’t put any part of any performance of any football club down to poor management (or good management for that matter) based on the information that is supplied to the public. And yet here we are.

Edit: for the record, I’ll be waiting a lot longer before I start worrying about our physical conditioning department. We’re nowhere near the 2012 gold standard.

4 Likes

this old chest nut.

close the forum.

1 Like

It’s not about shutting down opinion or being naive, the post already conceded how well he’s done with loads based on injury tolls in the past so it was agreed he had a good record. Nothing changed other than increased expectations on this season and the resultant level disappointment when a player finally goes down.

Players ping hammys, ■■■■ happens

1 Like

rampart

noun
a defensive wall of a castle or walled city, having a broad top with a walkway and typically a stone parapet.

Edit: I knew as I hit enter I’d get the joke. Don’t mind me.

1 Like