EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

That’s been re-recorded also. I like the old version.

l have tipped us. Not that it means much, beyond me having faith the team will get the job done on the night.

There wasn’t a clear one. But Richmond were good and hard all year, despite dropping some games they should have won

Should possibly have posted this straight in the lid off thread.

People are saying that Adelaide have a lot to prove after last year.

I can not see a team who should be more hungry than us come Friday. Expect them to go full throttle in the first quarter and rewrite our 93 point lead record from round 6 2011 against bald Gary and his witches hats.

Can we crack the 100 point lead before quarter time? So long as we keep it up for all four quarters this time. Should cruise past the highest ever score of 239 early in the 3rd qtr.

Round 1 Bombers lets send a message. FLY UP

*no plum brandy was used in the creation of this post.

3 Likes

What sort of brandy was it, then?

2 Likes

More of a tonic really. The fast approaching 2018 season.

Hearing that Raz is currently 50/50 to play round 1 but if not he will be ready for the trip to Freo. His recovery has been coming along very well although I’d like to err on the side of caution

19 Likes

50/50? That’s great news. Would obviously love to see him play against the Crows. But agree, I’d be worried if he came in underdone and spent more time out of the game as a result.

Patience please.

It’s one round of a looong season. Please make sure he is 100% before playing him.

1 Like

This year has been the least interested ive been in footy. The lead up to the season has been aweful. I love the Bombers but the game just doesn’t excite me the same as it did this time of year in the past.

2 Likes

See how your feeling when we are neck & neck with Adelaide with 10min to go.
Agree that the lead up for the entire competition has been very ordinary though, AflX hasn’t helped.

1 Like

One day closer…starting to feel nervous already!

So you were ecstatic at this stage of the 2016 season?
The nail biting tension of “ Would we win a single game?” was an interesting point of difference I suppose.

James Sherry or Pete LAZER that is the question?

@Stallion

4 Likes

Spoke to Pete Lazer at MVRC the other week. He was pumped for the season and wasn’t impressed he had to interview Charlie Curnow from Fark Carlton :smile:

3 Likes

They had the best away record in the comp!

You are correct Rom.
When the real stuff starts, I’ll be on our boys 100%!

2 Likes

Yeah sure, facts, but what about the narrative?

3 Likes

5 goal loss

1 Like

I really don’t think they will. They just can’t afford to do it when their midfield contains Sloane and now Gibbs, both of whom are far more damaging by foot than either Crouch.

And given I have Matt in my DT, I’m hoping I’m right