Electronic Dance Music

Thought I would share this link to get a thread started about my favourite genre of music. Also where people can have a safe space to share “music without real instruments”.:crazy_face:

Thoughts @Klawdy @Davo @Kj_11 (and of course any other EDM lovers are welcome to provide their opinins too) about the list?
Feel its good evidence that Rolling Stone should stay in their own lane of expertise. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Yikes most of that top 10

Lol songs too old for you hey?

1 Like

Latch is a banger but wtf is it doing there?

1 Like

Just hit play for a quick review, I had never heard of that one before. There are a lot of songs I havent heard in that list though tbh.

Yeah that list is a bit yikes

They’ve got a very different definition of EDM than what I do. Even though I appreciate Britney being there with Til The World Ends because that slaps

1 Like

Madonna “Vouge” at 11 lol

Yes that certainly seems to be a complaint from a few people online that some of these tracks dont fit the EDM definition.

Leftfield-Leftism

Nuff said.

1 Like

I thought you liked Madonna? You think it should be a different track?

I feel like i saw most of the list, but am I correct in seeing that Above and Beyond aren’t on there at all?

where did you get that inclination apart from me owning the 12 " of " like a Virgin", EDM to me is the music, not the vocals person singing over a generated music to supplement

Apologies - might have you confused with someone else but theres your answer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good point. Clearly should be #1, with Groove is in the Heart at #2

3 Likes

I bought it when it came out in 1984, still to this day it is not EDM

1 Like

I don’t know ■■■■ about music, but I know enough to know that ‘Born Slippy’ should be number 1 based on the criteria

5 Likes

Where is Underneath the Radar

2 Likes

Definitely flys underneath the radar

3 Likes

Haha @frosty I knew you would have an opinion on that one. Like A Prayer for me. Is Madonna EDM? Or pop though? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They’ve taken a very broad & mainstream view of things. In fact it’s more a top 200 of songs that make people wanna get up and dance. Not really what EDM is for me. Lots of pop, disco & funk.

Nothing wrong with plenty of those songs and there’s some good ■■■■ in there. But nothing that would even get close to top 10. Although there is probably more of an emotional attachment to some tunes for me if I were to even try and choose.

6 Likes