Elimination Final vs Geelong, 2:40pm Saturday 3 September at North Port Oval

Campbell Brown wouldn't shut up [...] damnit!

Good stuff Bombers, thought we were gone late in the second quarter.

Lots of heart shown in the second half by all.

(Love Hams gets whacked left right and centre but just gets up and keeps going like a terrier)

I totally forgot about this game getting caught up in study. Damn it! However, woohoo!

Incredible performance. Any chance we can get SMACK back next week?

For those of us who could get the Channel-7 online telecast and had to listen to the implied barracking for Geelong from the commentators and the ba$tatds reporting the games perspective and likely outcome based on Geelong’s progression throughout the match.

Well yeah; just how farken good was it to go past 'em in that last quarter and listen to the back peddling and retrospective compliments on the Essendon team efforts. Eat humble pie you $hitheads.

Go Bombers. Stick it right up 'em.

Obree looked and sounded ■■■■ scared at 3qt. He knew that was coming lol.

Hawks played Sphanger (?) for 90 seconds last weekend so he would qualify for vfl as well as afl. Did the hawks make the vfl finals?

Pretty sure that was VFL seconds, not VFL.
They didn’t make the VFL finals

Well. That was farkin awesome. Had a lot of laughs with Hoffy, Robin Close and co :)

Spotted Hoffy (on TV) in the crowd singing the song after the siren.

Redman is a gun!!! Absolutely thrilled with him gonna become a big game player.

This. Redman was absolutely vital to that last quarter effort.

What a game! High skilled and good kicking for goal.

Best for mine: Jamar, Polkinghorne, Heppell, Holmes, Redman, Freezer

What about hams?

Obree looked and sounded ■■■■ scared at 3qt. He knew that was coming lol.

In all fairness. I looked and sounded scared at 3qtr time because I didn’t know what was coming either.

I’m glad I stuck around to yell myself hoarse at the computer and to end up sitting in a wet spot though.

What a great game of footy. I didn’t know footy was still played like that. Just shows what a mess the AFL have made of the main game.

Great win for the Bombers. And the players looked absolutely thrilled. There were some really good efforts in there.

Redman is a gun!!! Absolutely thrilled with him gonna become a big game player.

This. Redman was absolutely vital to that last quarter effort.

What a game! High skilled and good kicking for goal.

Best for mine: Jamar, Polkinghorne, Heppell, Holmes, Redman, Freezer

What about hams?

IMO on Hams, based on TV coverage.

Fantastic first quarter where he was in everything. Went in out of the game in the remaining 3qtrs but had some good little cameos, hard ball gets and tackles right through to the finish.

Well. That was farkin awesome. Had a lot of laughs with Hoffy, Robin Close and co :)

Spotted Hoffy (on TV) in the crowd singing the song after the siren.

I wasn’t far from her :wink:

Hawks played Sphanger (?) for 90 seconds last weekend so he would qualify for vfl as well as afl. Did the hawks make the vfl finals?
They couldn’t make the finals by last week…

Polkinghorne at full forward wins finals.

(Shut up; it wasn’t his fault we lost after he kicked three in the third last year to put us in front from nowhere.)

Farking internet died, big floods up here. Told Mrs Humble we were gone.

Couldn’t believe the result.

IN: JAMAR

How many for Redman today?

Redman’s last quarter was all class and poise. We got one there.

Longy’s game sense was very good and lots of team oriented 1% efforts.

Francis needs a preseason badly, but will be a match winner when he’s 22 (eg JD age now)

I thought Morgan showed a few glimpses of good play with awareness.

Hams was excellent, and more agile at HF. The diving marks etc were crucial.

HeppA was crap all day. Really disappointed in his game and expected a lot more. Zero poise and space in the stoppages, no reading of the play, or courage, or clean disposal. Hack.

Same to be said for Holmes. He’s not a unit, or is he a classic country style footballer that would be great to see running around with our other country lads.

But otherwise lots to like in the kids. Lid off.

Yeah totally awesome mate! What a great day ! Djr was pretty happy after the game too!

That was such a great game to watch. So much better than most of the crap-style afl matches these days. Did not notice too much kicking backwards and actually the maggots let the game flow most of the time.
When we play man on man we seem to play really well. Our pressure in the first and last quarter was superb.