Elimination Final vs Geelong, 2:40pm Saturday 3 September at North Port Oval

Can't find those stats on my app
Yeah, what’s the trick to getting past round 21 and to the finals games?

Click the symbol on the top left of screen when you’re on the VFL view. The small rectangle with a couple of lines under it. It will then change the display to a calendar and it has today’s games down the bottom.
Select our game and you can see the usual stats

Actually, another way to see the stats on the footy live app is just to look in the Round 1 VFL matches. Weirdly, it’s in there

Bingo. Very good pick up

We can do better: Coghlan was quiet before a significant last quarter, Hams was sick all week, Ashby and Conor will want to do much better. Francis was sporadic.

Jamar is carrying a huge load though.

Not sure how much Footscray crippled their 70-point-loss team this week because of the seniors game in Perth in just five days.

Hams was sick all week? No wonder he seemed to fade a little. Had a great game regardless.

Man we miss Smack. Would have made a huge difference him playing the fwd ruck role.

That score line would have been even nicer if we didn’t pass kick ins straight to the opposition.

NASH HOLMES.

What a beast this bloke is. Lives for the contest.

NASH HOLMES.

What a beast this bloke is. Lives for the contest.

You’re not doing this right HD. What you’re trying to say is that Nash Holmes was hardly sighted, when he was sighted he was like a marshmallow and even then he had poor disposal. I’ve also heard he has a flatulence problem and that no-one should go near him.

VFL site currently has both upcoming finals at 2AM on Wed 7 Sep B)

Grouse! I can make that one. Seriously though I hope it’s on Saturday, I’ve got work on Sunday. Will it be at Footascray?

Just finished watching the last qtr and a half that I recorded earlier.

That was a high quality VFL match and a stunning finish by the boys.

That 60+ metre bombed goal by Francis was outstanding.

Also loved the tough overhead mark that McKenna took 35mtrs out and then coolly slot the set shot goal.

Some outstanding delivery into the F50 in particular by Redman to help set up goals.

Great work by Kommer on a couple of occasions and Jackson Merrett early in the final qtr with an incredible boundary line dribbling goal.

Jamar was massive in the second half of the third qtr with a big pack mark and 2 goals to keep us in the game.

Lil Hepp is just great to watch. Love how hard he is.

The VFL listed boys did some outstanding work too in that final qtr.

Huge props to all those supporters that made the effort to get out there today and create a cauldron for the team.

The atmosphere sounded amazing on the tv telecast.

North Port Oval was just awash in a sea of Red and Black, great stuff, well done guys.

Would’ve hated to be a Cats fan there today during that final quarter.

A couple of great moves by Egan at the final break that really helped the guys storm home.

The Polky move into the forward line was a master stroke in the final quarter with about three contested marks and a couple of goals.

Hope that they can carry on that momentum into next week’s match against Footscray and continue the run deep into the finals.

Grouse! I can make that one. Seriously though I hope it’s on Saturday, I’ve got work on Sunday. Will it be at Footascray?

Think it’ll be at North Port so that 7 don’t have to pack up and move all the TV gear.

So much man love for Jamar. He was immense today, as he has been all year. Desperately need someone to give him some kind of chop out though and we needed another target up forward.

Why didn’t grimley play?

How far away is Gach?

Think it’ll be at North Port so that 7 don’t have to pack up and move all the TV gear.

Cool. I think I’ll sneak around there tonight and pick myself up a neat camera.

So much man love for Jamar. He was immense today, as he has been all year. Desperately need someone to give him some kind of chop out though and we needed another target up forward.

Why didn’t grimley play?

How far away is Gach?

I think someone said during the week that Gach will miss 3 weeks.

Oh bummer. I was planning to share a leftfield gourmet chip suggestion.
https://www.zomato.com/melbourne/ebi-fine-food-footscray
Unfortunately it’s not open until 4 on Sat so would have to do a half time duck out anyway.

Why didn’t grimley play?

How far away is Gach?

Not sure either would help the team. Grimley has served his purpose and Gach like Eades had not performed with any consistency or esponsibility all year and are a disappointment on out list.

I spotted the great man Dan Jordan himself.

From VFL site:

UPCOMING FINALS

Seniors
Saturday 10 / Sunday 11 September, North Port Oval: Semi Finals
Saturday 17 / Sunday 18 September, North Port Oval: Preliminary Finals
Sunday September 25, Etihad Stadium: Grand Final

If ever there was an example of the blitz’s schizophrenia this thread is it. Do yourselves a favour and read through it. Very entertaining. Guys go from being rubbish because the ran under a ball to being the next superstar in a qtr.

Well I didn’t. What number was he wearing?

Well I didn’t. What number was he wearing?

Crutches.

From VFL site:

UPCOMING FINALS

Seniors
Saturday 10 / Sunday 11 September, North Port Oval: Semi Finals
Saturday 17 / Sunday 18 September, North Port Oval: Preliminary Finals
Sunday September 25, Etihad Stadium: Grand Final

Geelong Footscray Collingwood
Well I didn't. What number was he wearing?
Seen on the broadcast in the rooms at half time demonstrating to St Francis how to under-run the ball. Or over-run it. One of those.
Well I didn't. What number was he wearing?
Seen on the broadcast in the rooms at half time demonstrating to St Francis how to under-run the ball. Or over-run it. One of those.

By popular Blitz opinion, it was ‘run under the ball’.

Anyways, Dan did some good, 'cause I reckon St. Francis played well, especially in the last qtr.