England: 10 years to save the Lettuce

3 Likes

8 Likes
1 Like

Who was it who said it would take 50 years for benefits of Brexit to come to fruition?

I don’t know. In Europe they play the long game. It took 956 years for “je ne sais quoi” to so permeate English DNA that their bumbling leaders do not know what they are doing.

The minister thinks it’s not a problem that 3% of households with both parents working are in poverty. Which seems a frightening stat to me. One in 30 households both parents working and you can’t get above 60% of median wages. Bloody hell.

I don’t know what that stat would be in Australia but I hope it’s far lower.

2 Likes

Have you just used sky news Australia to support a political argument?

Cause you really shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Looks like Sky News, not Sky News Australia.

Not sure they’re all that closely aligned politically
might be wrong though.

16 Likes

Phew.

They’re not, in fact they’re the opposite. Murdoch doesn’t own sky uk, they sold it after NOTW folded (I think).

They did ■■■■ up cricket viewing, but to be fair the ECB was way out in front on that one.

No. I used a sky news clip to point out how appalling what the politician said in one part of the clip was.

1 Like
4 Likes

Boris really really needs to re-invent himself, rebrand, whatever. I mean the image of a long haired prefect smoking and drinking pints in the Eton prefects room, while the masters keep the rest of the school in, just will not wash anymore.

Needs to cut his hair and start getting serious about running the UK, its time to grow up.

Or resign.

Sue has finished

He’d have very highly-paid hairdressers whose job it is to keep his hair looking so stupid. It’s all part of image management. You’re meant to think that oh, good old Boris, he’s a bit of a duffer but he’s one of us, I mean everyone makes mistakes and at least he isn’t one of those men who uses hair product and whose suit is perfect all the time.

You’re meant to think that scruffiness is the same as authenticity, and also you’re being conditioned by the fact of the scruffiness that the guy is a bit shambolic and absentminded, so any dodgy ■■■■ he pulls is just a bit of an oopsie rather than deliberate acts from a lying corrupt scumbag.

11 Likes
3 Likes

With defenders like this. Is she just from a “work meeting”?

1 Like

Sounds similar to someone else

1 Like