English Premier League 2018/19

2-0 at the break. Mane with the finish after a Milner cutback. Could be more, Fabianski making a great point blank save off Salah and also tipped a free kick from Trrent wide that was heading top corner.

Mane Mane Mane!!! 3-0 Liverpool. I think itā€™s going to be his season!

1 Like

Clearly offside, how the fk do they still miss something so obvious in this day and age.

Fk head refs.

3 Likes

Good. So many missed penalties, disallowed goals, etc. Deserve some luck.

1 Like

Yep that was disgrace. No professional should miss that

Liverpool look scary

Easy 4-0 win. Sturridge scored with his first touch at the back stick. Well worth staying up for. These Reds can play!

2 Likes

We looked a lot more solid at the back as well. Virgil and Allison are a massive improvement on what we started last season with.

2 Likes

City toyed with Arsenal and were mightily impressive

This the best Reds team for 10 years?

Since 2008/09 under Rafa I wouldā€™ve thought. This team has a more threatening attack overall, back then it was Gerard and Torres by and large. Defensively probably the Rafa team is better, but thatā€™s mainly down to how we set up back then. Rafa teams are always defence firstā€¦

1 Like

Saurez had one of the best seasons Iā€™ve seen is up there. Almost singlehandedly carried a team with Aly sissokho to the title.

1 Like

Xabi Alonso was so important for you guys back in that season. Selling him to Real Madrid was a mistake.

2017, United 4-0 West Ham.

Media: ā€˜Itā€™s only West Ham.ā€™

2018, Liverpool 4-0 West Ham.

Media: ā€˜Liverpool are going to win the league.ā€™

:thinking:

6 Likes

Itā€™ll take atleast a month before Pelligrini will have settled the squad after all the new signings.

Was always going to be carnage whoever we played, especially the title favourites.

1 Like

You needed big Sam. Englandā€™s most successful manager.

1 Like

Really? Everything Iā€™ve read/seen is saying
City is the runaway favourite. Liverpool is just seen as the best of the rest.

That old chestnutā€¦
Havenā€™t seen anybody here say weā€™ll win the league.

2 Likes

betting agencies (I know they mean bothing) have us as favourites for all 4 comps.

with city losing de bruyne, the gap between us and them has shrunk significantly.

geez it was nice to have confidence in a keeper, have to go back to peak reina to have had a similar level of confidence

3 Likes

What happened to De Bruyne? When?

Edit: just googled. Ok, he did his knee yesterday, extent unknown. You can hardly include that in respect of commentary from the weekend and before!

Just read that Samuel Eto has gone to a club in Qatar. It is the 13th move of his career. I knew he had been at a few clubsā€¦but not that many!

1 Like