English Premier League 2021/2022

As you know mate nothing is concrete until it’s set when it comes to this coaching gig.
It’s been a bit of a ■■■■ show really.

That’s the word in the papers over there today.

1 Like

The transfers are starting to come through. Seems there’s a bit of movement.
Sancho to MUFC
Daka to LCFC
Lokonga and Tavares to AFC

Plenty of other negotiating going on. Some big players mentioned.

Yep.

2 Likes

Is he any good? Or best of the available?

He did very well with Wolves until last season, when they didn’t have any striker options. Seems to run a pretty balanced strategy, isn’t really a fan of rotation. He is one of the coaches considered on the up and up.

Interesting that its a 2 year deal.

Conte is available, but he rejected Spurs’ overtures. I like Nuno, what he did with Wolves after being promoted to the Premiership and to make them a solid PL team and get them to Europe can’t be undersold. Is he right for Spurs? Who knows, but who else would they go with, Eddie Howe?

1 Like

Hopefully he brings a bit more free-flowing and attacking football.

I read Grealish to Man City is done this morning.

That won’t be hard mate to achieve.

1 Like

How are they going to handle someone who speaks English as their first language, or does he speak Brummie?

1 Like

Yes. :muscle:

So he will sit on the bench for City most weeks rather than helping another EPL side be somewhat competitive in the league.

1 Like

That would suck. MC don’t need any more fantastic players. Would much prefer that if he left Aston Villa that he went to a contender.

3 Likes

I am not happy with this, I think he is an excellent manager. Maybe he can be like Moyes or Allardyce and do really well with modest funds but when at a ‘bigger’ club does not cut the mustard?

I had a similar feeling of dread when Pagan went to carltank (that was misguided as he was nearly the best thing to happen to them since we knocked them out of the prelim in 2000 (or them getting malthouse)).

In 1-2 years, Villa could well be starting to look like that contender. Laugh all you want and I’m not sure Dean Smith is the manager to do it as much as I absolutely love the bloke, Villa are seriously minted, proactive and very organised from the top right now. Ask any United fan about ownership and what’s holding them back.

Having said that, I wouldn’t surprise me if Grealish decides to depart, that 12-24 months might be too long for him. That will be sad but the club will move on and swiftly.

Edit, 24 months. Gees I was hammered when I posted this.

So…Lionel Messi is officially a free agent.

Any takers? His last contract was a mere $218 MILLION per season.

I reckon I could just about survive on $218m per year, let alone season.

aaand how much tax is taken out of that is the million dollar question.

3 Likes

It was a cruddy attempt at humour, I could write for Vince Sorrenti but that’s a solid answer.