EPL 2017/18 Thread

Really you should watch the whole thing but for a bit of context start at 49:00 If you are pressed for time go to about 49:50

Oh yeah I am referring to Alexis Sanchez, great player, great energy but now is someone who is in need of a great wallet!

1 Like

Lord Bendtner has a better name at Arsenal than Sanchez does.

Sanchez can EAD

2 Likes

This day was always coming. For me, Arsenal erred in agreeing to a deal pretty much with City, telling Sanchez whilst he was on International duty, but then backed out of the deal late on because they couldnā€™t find a suitable replacement in time. You reckon heā€™s going to give his all for you if you do that? Itā€™s cost Arsenal a fee. Yes they now have Mkhitarayan but heā€™s not a patch on Alexis. As for the coin he is being paid, firstly Man U have got him for nothing, so not paying a transfer fee means they can give Alexis and his agent more than usual.

Itā€™s effectively Alexis and Walcott for Mkhitarayan and Aubameyang(yes, Iā€™m including him).

Not all doom and gloom.

And Ox? Not technically this window but over the season. Oh I forgot Le Coq.

1 Like

The cycle continues.

You would want a commitment from Ozil soon, Juve are just waiting to pounce

1 Like

Yeah, neither are massive losses.

Ox struggled to much with his end product. Otherwise he could be top class.

I would like Nelson to be given more opportunities.

1 Like

He will stay.

Even if you miss CL again?
Is that the hold up on him committing to a new deal do you think?

So what were the official details of the Sanchez-miki deal in the end?

So in the last 5 years we have given them Welbeck and Miki and got Sanchez and RVP in return?

1 Like

I think money is the problem but Iā€™m only speculating.

Heā€™s always shown his passion for the club and I would be very surprised if he leaves.

Just like Essendon I have a love/hate relationship with Liverpool.

1 Like

Obviously not the money in Serie A that there is in the EPL but Juve will push very hard for him

1 Like

Yeah, there is certainly potential for him to go.

By moving he just opens himself up to scrutiny that he probably doesnā€™t need.

Well, if Lucas Leiva can win Serie A player of the month there, then Iā€™m sure Ozil can do bits. Not having a go at Lucas, but clearly the slower pace of the football there is a massive advantage to him. Heā€™s been very impressive for Lazioā€¦

I think itā€™s more about the expectation for Ozil to deliver titles and drive them further in CL.

He is one of those players that wherever he goes he gets lots of attention.

So will United.

absolute atrocity.