EPL 2022/23

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1665659901203427330?s=52&t=VjQtqV8Rq-fh3Y5dwjeztQ

Romano also saying Ange and Spurs have agreed to terms , now it’s a matter of getting it done with Celtic.

Another spurz manager way to successful for them.

1 Like

Ange is on a 1 year rolling contract. Celtic won’t stand in his way. Ange is strong on bringing a long term Celtic staffer with him which could be a little problematic. When announced, what an amazing, unprecedented, seismic moment for Australian soccer. With my dad playing Serie B in Italy and me playing, watching soccer over the years, I am super excited!

4 Likes

Well this Spurs fan is excited and keen to see what Ange can do. Wanna see the ink on a contract before I fully believe it though, it’d be just like Spurs to fudge this up even from here.

I’m good mates with a spurs season ticket holder and rest assured the spurs fans aren’t going to accept him

1 Like

Who’d your dad play for? Hopefully Reggina

1 Like

Do they want Harry Redknapp back?

4 Likes

Spurs fans dont want ange anywhere near the club.They obviously like being losers year on year.

4 Likes

Lol, let’s see how Ange goes when he isn’t in a two horse race with 5 times the budget of the other clubs.
Any donkey could win the league in charge of Celtic.
When Spurs are mid table and no chance of a European spot by Christmas they will turn on him

1 Like

I’m no Ange fan but good on him for jumping in and having a crack, I do think he’ll get chewed up and spat out pretty quickly though.

Like him or not, you’ve got to admire him for having the stones to put his ■■■■ on the brick and have a go. He could quite easily stay put, dial it in and fill Celtic’s trophy cabinet.
If he fails, he won’t be the first nor the last. Plenty of bigger names than him have been chewed up and spat out.

4 Likes

Agree there. Good on him for having a go at it rather than stay and collect easy trophies

4 Likes

He may add some knackers to a club that has none. His first issue will be David Levy then the players.

1 Like

You mean Daniel Levy and he’s the main reason they don’t have any success from what I’ve read and heard. Won’t let his managers do it their way.

Neither would Celtic fans, supposedly.

1 Like

Celtic fans were like whos this clown when ange got the job now hes the most successful manager in their history.

4 Likes

Ange going to spurs doesn’t seem the right fit for either party tbh.

With his stubborn personality, the spurs fans and media will hate him. I’m not even sure if he is an anywhere good enough manager for a team like spurs.

He had to take it though, when spurs offers you the job- you have to take it

1 Like

Incorrect and incorrect.

Celtic fans that said “who?” Did their research and within 12 hours were all in. Even after losing 3 of his first 6 they loved what he was doing.

Jock Stein is the most successful, up there with Ferguson and Shankly.

He took a team of absolute rabble, dressing room filled with players who wanted out (and should have been moved prior - that’s Lawwell’s fault) lost a new CEO a month into the season and turned a 25 point covid season deficit into an absolute machine, with a negative net spend and multiple players whom are now worth 5-10 times what we paid.

Spurs have a manager that if you give him the reins will do great things. But they won’t, because they’re scared it’ll work and it won’t be their doing.

3 Likes

The problem with Spurs management has been the inability to bring in the top end talent, firstly with Poch when reaching the CL final and needing to kick on, and then with Mourinho and Conte who demanded top top players, but the management wouldn’t/couldn’t cough up enough (or saw targets choose other clubs).

With Ange there’s the chance it becomes more about identifying under the radar talent and building a cohesive squad to fit with his plan. It may not be all about splashing cash for the first time in a few years, and hopefully management and fans get behind that. Let him build something.

1 Like