EPL 2022/23

Ok fair enough, I still havn’t had a chance to have a really good look, it just looked bad on the couple of really quick clips I’ve seen, I was surprised because I really don’t see KDB as that type of player.

Some of the penalties are soft. Just because there’s the merest hint of contact does not mean the ref should point to the spot. If it’s a definite foul then of course.

I agree some are, but the KDB one wasn’t the wrong call imo. No where near the ball and the back of the foot/ankle isn’t the nicest place to get a kick. Just a silly and clumsy challenge, especially given where the ball and player was located.

Yeah, there was a period people thought he might get a big job like Rodgers (Liverpool) or Potter have done. Then one bad season, a weak list is relegated, and he dropped off radars. Newcastle were shrewd to get him, and he was smart to wait it out.

1 Like

He wanted the Everton job when Rafa got it. Probably just as well he avoided that given how trigger-happy the Toffees have been in recent years with managers. Regardless of how they’re getting their money, what Howe has done thus far has well and truly exceeded expectations. This time last season they were a real chance of going down, so just to get them consolidated is a reasonable achievement. Europe this year would be a welcome bonus to build off…

4 Likes
1 Like

That’s class. Great thinking, a 1%-er but something that can make a small difference between DDG getting a fingertip on it or the ball finding the back of the net.

Hasenhuttl sacked

Ok time to do it, get to the WC break and sort it all out.

1 Like

Knives out for Moyes. Lot of money spent and looks like he doesn’t know wnat to do with what it was spent on.

He’s stiff to get the chop after only losing 4-1 when he has survived two 9-0 thumpings previously.

3 Likes

Liverpool apparently been put up for sale by FSG.

New owners?

FSG are putting shares of LFC up for sale. Whether that results in a full or partial sale of the club who knows. Talk is that if they did sell fully they would nearly get 12 times the money they bought the club for in 2011.

Dubai Reds
Al-Maktoums will buy them

Only Carabao Cup, but take an attacking 2-0 victory over Spurs in any format. A win is good for confidence. Down to 10 for the last 25 minutes too.

3 Likes

Arsenal knocked out by Brighton. Liverpool currently doing pens against Derby.

West Ham out to Blackburn. Spurs out to Forest.

You would suspect Arteta might be secretly happy about that.

2 Likes

Bigger fish to fry.

Spurs on the other hand - just go all in on a domestic cup FFS.

1 Like