EPL 2022/23

WanUnfitAsianporcupine-max-1mb

3 Likes

Iā€™ll wait until weā€™re not sold to to even worse owners before opting for that GIF.

2 Likes

Investors from Saudi Arabia and Qatar

EPL and sports washing. A better love story than twilight

Not possible to be sold to worse owners than we have currently :rofl:

1 Like

Is there any truth to the Amazon/Jeff Bezos stuff I read about a while ago?

Iā€™d rather be owned by the Glazers than a Newcastle situation. If weā€™re owned by a brutal regime then thatā€™s me done and Iā€™ll confine my sporting misery to to the Bombers.

1 Like

The hope from many Man United supporters, is that Jim Ratcliffe would by buy the clubā€¦. But I think that ship has sailed.

The Glaziers have probably put too high of a price on The club for anyone but a Saudi or Qatari take over.

The investment thatā€™s needed at Man United is far more than the price of purchase. They also need to pick up the Glazerā€™s debt and also major investment into Old Trafford and Caringtonā€¦. Which simply arenā€™t up to Champions League standard.

2 Likes

I fear you are right.

Thereā€™s a hell of a lot of hype about Gustavo Scarpa amongst Forest fans after the friendly win at Valencia. He canā€™t play an EPL game until January but reports are promising.

for some reason Blackburn fielded a second string starting 11 in the League Cup match , but even so a 4-1 win for Forest and 27 shots at goal (!! WTF!?) - and by most accounts should have been 6 or 7 -1 - is a promising start post-WC . Nice to see Johnson , Awoniyi and Lingard all on the scoresheet. Now into the final 8 for the first time since 1994.

1 Like

rashford with a most of the field drible then a cracker of a finish

1 Like

Pool v City 1-1 20 mins in

City win 3-2 but thought they were far better value than that

Good match, plenty of action and if weā€™d have taken our chances couldā€™ve won. Nice way to blow the cobwebs out before the PL starts up again on Boxing Day.

Whatā€™s the general consensus on first round of PL post-WC? Teams who had many players competing will show better match fitness, or squads that mostly rested/trained the past month?

Sir Jim isnā€™t what we need regardless.

He already owns Nice in France and he has hardly thrown cash at them to try and make them relevant and reportedly runs the club like a business - exactly what we do not need as itā€™s what we currently have.

We need significant investment over the next 10+ years and need someone who can compete financially with the likes of City, Real, PSG etc.

Iā€™m not entirely sure. There is no doubt the club can be smarter with its spending. The amount of money Woodward has wasted on transfers for players who simply are not up to scratch and then also the refusal to sell players when there are buyers lining up. Itā€™s just a poorly ran club.

Man United spends more on transfers and player wages than the majority of clubs in the Champions league, and only less than Man City in the premier league. Every dollar spent is thrown on top of the Clubs growing debt.

You just need to look at what they spent on the likes of Van de Beek, Wan Bassaka, McGuire & Fred. These 4 players together cost Ā£170 million and theyā€™re all seat warmers (at best).

They spent Ā£80m on Antony because they left the sale too late. If they had have just paid what Ajax were asking earlier in the trade windowā€¦ they would have got him for Ā£50-60m

1 Like

This also ties into the Glaziers though who have had people reside over key positions within the club for years who have no idea about football and how a successful football club is ran.

All the points you raise above are correct but it also boils down to the fact that Woodward, Arnold, Murtugh etc are not footballing people - theyā€™re bankers.

When new owners come in, we need to hope that they put a broom through the entire hierarchy at the club and put people in charge who have the best interests of the club and not the owners pockets, at the front of their minds.

1 Like

Highest spending club in the world.

1 Like

Feels like a new season is about to begin. Itā€™s almost like the WC break has given us a preseason type feel to it.
I was a little down at the start of the season watching the Foxes get flogged, or hand games back when in a winning position.

Iā€™m glad now (despite asking for him to leave) that we kept BR. He seems to have righted the ship.

Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes