Ess vs. Magpies - Anzac day debrief

Which moron was matched up on Swan around the stoppages in the forward line?

I could tell you who, but around here i'll just get paid out for being a "hater".

You were s@cking his c@ck in the first qtr - ■■■■■■

Great game, nice win. Daniher 6 goals.

We are now on top of the ladder!

Chapman ordinary today

D Parkin was very forthright in his criticism during the 4th quarter.

And then within 30 seconds Chapman had laid 2 tackles.

Which took his match tally of tackles to 2.

Lack of pressure was of course what D Parkin was frustrated with.

Where's WOB, was going to point out the people who said we wouldn't win if we did ?
What's the excuse going to be this week, was it a little to warm again for us ? still sick from the stomach bug ?
The same issues over and over again, for how many years ?
dumb footballers making stupid mistakes, little to no defensive pressure and still a dysfunctional forwardline (is it still Egans fault ?)
Hooker gives you a contest and can beat his man, but he is just such a liability when he has the ball.
Dempseys inclusion reeked of desperation and it showed, he was no where near ready to be playing afl footy.
Bar the youngsters, both merretts, gleeson ashby and Daniher to a degree, you can forgive them for mistakes they might make, cos they are still learning.
But the rest, it's just beyond a joke now that the same mistakes from the same players continue to happen.
It's just so frustrating watching it.

Reckon your over reacting
X 10,000

Also worth adding the highest mark tally for the game was Daniher with 9. Just wish it was the pointy end of the field.

Just gutted.

BORING.

And FOAD umpires.

Well, that sucked. And I’m feeling deja vu.
Rather than say where it went wrong, maybe it would be quicker to say where it went right from 2.09 into the second quarter. When the opposition kicks 80 points to your 20 over three quarters, safe to say not much did.
So what did go right? Probably Hooker over Cloke, and, um, … hmm. The young kids kept trying, but tended to get out muscled. Daniher did some good presenting. Ryder won the ruck. Heppell and Melksham got their hands on it a bit. Ok, I’m struggling here a bit.
Fundamentally, we got pantsed on pretty much every line from that Melksham goal on. They won the midfield, they crushed our forward line, and our defence allowed them easy shots from 20m out directly in front. They tackled harder, forced more errors, and we started to simply kick to the boundary. Too often we made dumb decisions. We are probably setting records for number of possessions per goal. We are also finding out how when Hooker, Carlisle and Hibberd aren’t intercept marking all over the place, how vulnerable we are in defence when the ball hits the deck.
I’m not entirely sure how we were still a chance with 5 odd minutes to go.
I think the only players who could hold their head up are probably Stanton, Fletcher, Hooker and the kids who have a lower bar to get across.
On the umpiring, I thought it was reasonably even but just a poor standard and inconsistent. They got the rub of the green, but the guys going in harder often do.
But why oh why wasn’t Bellchambers played?

Next week re-cast the forward line. Hurley forward FFS.
In Ambrose, Bellchambers, Hocking, Goddard, Pears
Out Hardingham, Daniher, Carlisle, Ashby, Dempsey (let him get some match fitness in the VFL)
Assume Myers not over a ham-string.

Resilience is the key to being a Bombers fan.

FAAAARKING RESILIENCE I SAY !

Bomber stop being stubborn and finish the Carlile project. Even Hurley forward is better.

I agree, though i think Howlett played brilliantly today and really gave us a shot in that first half, worth a mention. The team were out played for three quarters though.

Much better this week than last. Disappointing we let them back in after such an outstanding 1st quarter.

I think people are under rating collingwood too. You need to,remember they have only had losses to Geelong and Fremantle this year.

Considering we were missing 3 of our good midfielders I thought we did pretty well and was expecting much worse. Thought zerret, jerret and Gleason were really good on the big stage. Ashby a bit fumbly.

Something has to happen with Carlisle he has been terrible- his attack on the ball has been atrocious. Bomber should have tried the switch with Hurley in the last but Carlisle needs to grow up and stop cracking the sads.

Had we taken our chances in the last we would have all been crowing about how good we were.

Hopefully we can get the win next week

Bomber stop being stubborn and finish the Carlile project. Even Hurley forward is better.

What did he say in his presser?

In- T-Bell, Ambrose, Myers(?), Hocking(?) Jetta.

Out- A few

Depressing start to the weekend......

I think some stoppage work in the back 50 should be trained all week. With the focus on sticking tackles and then once we have neutralised the oppositions attacking thrust slingshot to our forward line with pace and short kicks and overlap handball.

Nah, just saying he needs to end it. Nothing about the presser.

The boys did ok. Add Kommsy, HH, Myers, Belly & BJ and we win.

The Merretts are quality, Gleeson will nail that running goal next year. Ashby will be a good soldier.

Zakkas loopy cute kicking shirks me still. Kick through the thing. (Admit Heppell can do it sometimes tho) although Heppell works his ring out.

Demps sub next week too. Aylett for Hardy, Fanta for Jerrett if need be. Is BJ certain for next week?

Hmmmm. Yeah.