Essendon beat Freo by 19 shots - discuss

You know what time it is?!

Hooker forward, Francis back.

You know you want to coaches.

And you are all going to ■■■■■■■ like it.

7 Likes

Lol, … Mitch “SPUD” *cough Brown.

Yeah, … he’s had 1 shocker QTR in about 5 games, so of course, . into the fkn Canon or whatever.

Dumb as a really dumb thing.

2 Likes

Yes - surprised everybody thinks it’s stewart for mckernan automatically.

Hirdy said that Goddard deserves to stay in(and get a new contract), but geez he looks slow and makes costly mistakes, the one where he bounced the ball and then lost control and on replay was tackled without it and they got the goal, he probably deserved the free, but shouldnt have bounced it if under pressure.

I missed the first quarter, but Dea looked very solid to me, so surprised someone would want him in the cannon.

Colyer, didnt quite get it, seeems to have lost touch

I would be paying him in the VFl to get from.

Myers was good today, loved him trying to centre it and kicking a spectacular goal.

My Changes would be

Out: McKernan(inj), Colyer
In: Francis, Long

Ideal world would replace Goddard to, but cant see coaches making the change.
Send Hooker Forward - Francis back.
Hurley to play on Franklin…shudder …but if we pressure Sydneys midfield he would do ok.

So Zerrett had
8 tackles
9 inside 50s
7 clearances
9 score involvements
28 touches

With the hard tag.
Not a great game, but a great effort.

22 Likes

Mitch Brown is one of the few forwards we have who reliably can kick straight - two great long distance goals today and a great pass to Orazio in the 4th Q

Colyer just out of form hopefully Connor McKenna in for him

McKernan- hopefully Stringer if not Stewart

Pace of Fantasia, Saad and tackling of Smith make a huge differnce

Goddard had a few senior moments

Tippa good- but two soft handovers with his kicks from half back

3 Likes

Got to Melbourne City Wrestling in time to see Will Ospreay curtain-jerk and put down the despicable LoverBoy. And wrestling again later tonight to be #1 contender for the Intercontinental title next month.

For the savages out there, he’s like Orazio, but better.

2 Likes

And it was nice to see Bellchambers destroy a unrecognised ruckman.

2 Likes

Yeah “Giggsy” had a better second half than his first which wasn’t hard cos he had a shocker early
Zac got off the chain in the last too after being held for 3/4

1 Like

Do we know if McKenna is likely to be straight back in next week?

1 Like

Is there any on in Melbourne tomorrow, I’m passing through

WTF?? … Bite your tongue David!!

1 Like

Overall, I just thought the 22 looked incohesive. Alot of guys that hadn’t played together and didn’t quite have the chemistry. Hence it feeling for the most part, like EFC circa early 2018. The forward line has really taken a battering this year as far as continuity, Which makes the last 9 weeks even more credible.
Will be interesting to see what fwd combo we run with over the next couple of weeks.

Woosh had him sitting in the forward pocket for most of the 2nd qtr when freo got on top which didn’t help anyone

could have had an easy goal too but duffed it

Tell me you were not watching the TV and you were at the ground to say that.

the amount of times they ran a player to the goal square for an easy goal is a really clear showing of just how badly teams have worked out that on a turn over most of our players just dgaf

Fair enough. Thought he was pretty good today. Actually I think he’s been good for the time he’s been in the side, very serviceable indeed. He competes hard.

2 Likes

To make a selection judgement on here, based on watching the game on the TV is as lame as can be.

2 Likes

David Myers, don’t get me started. Super slow, he’s caught holding the ball, even manages to kick a goal accidentally when trying to centre the ball! We will never be a good side with him in the team.