Essendon beat Freo by 19 shots - discuss

Certainly wouldn’t want to give that task to Colyer…

6 Likes

As soon as McKernan went down all i was thinking was how we could fit Francis in.
Especially when they sent Hooker Forward.
Brown was pretty good up forward.

2 Likes

If we had a team of players who played like smith and guelfi we’d be world beaters.

Foe a kid in his first year he does not take a backward step in any situation, puts his body on the line at every opportunity.

Was one of only a few highlighta foe the game , watching him bust his ■■■■ 2hile most of his team mates just coasted around.

The rest , same ■■■■ different day. Very lucky they had so many of their stars out otherwise they’d have rolled em.

3 Likes

Stringer probably won’t be back until the Saints game, so James Stewart - this is your chance son. Time to save your career in the next fortnight commanding the ball in the F50.

2 Likes

I was a bit annoyed when he halved that contest where he had no right and his opponent walters ran on and kicked lace out to McCarthy. Felt he deserved more given his effort.
Guelfi still chased but was behind ball after spoil. Hurley probably should have went to the ball carrier - walters rather than covering the other player running forward.

3 Likes

And yet another post with no mention of SPUD’s fantastic game.

Who does this guy have to blow to get the recognition he deserves??

I think it is harder to play a team minus stars than with. Football is mental and when you play a weakened team it is harder in some ways. We turned up and played ok, but for ■■■■ kicking for goal

Why the fark would Dea be in the cannon?

15 Likes

Would like to see Colyer in the 2’s to find touch and Long back in.

Stewart in for Smack. Franga…I dunno.

…and 13 wins, so that probably equates to 4 wins averaging 30 pts and then one loss of under 10 points. That shows how tough it’s still going to be to make the finals - OR North, Melb, GWS, Hawks or Crows lose one that they really shouldn’t. I still feel North and Melbourne are vulnerable.

1 Like

lol

We smashed them. The issue was the goal kicking in the end, not whether our players worked hard enough or not.

Oh and btw:

9 Likes

Except including Dea in the equation is fkn ridiculous.

7 Likes

cant wait to get Daniher back so we can kick straight

11 Likes

Ok. I’ll play. Which spud?

I was actually pretty confident when he had it near the boundary, tho he would probably prefer noone in the goal square and to dribble it in.

Him and Raz Exhude confidence kicking for goal.

Smith should’ve kicked the one after his good mark as well.

And Langford usually reliable - i was surprised he missed after the free.

How good was Langford to get the handball out when being tackled, that set up one of our best goals.

And razs snap from no where.

That was a win for some of our less fashionable players. Mitch Brown, David Myers, even Benny McNiece - good to see them all contribute. Plus of course the amazing and very fashionable Orazio.

Early on I thought Smack was in for a big game, then he had that mark disallowed and Baggers pinched his goal and I thought “just not your lucky day Smack!” which turned out to be ominous.

Hard work following the Dons at the moment but keep winning - pretty or ugly - and we keep our hat in the ring.

9 Likes

Travis Colyer offered nothing. He deadset looked out of place and it frustrated me. Too much ball watching.

1 Like

Brown

I only saw the second half, but I thought dea was good? Defended well and saved others from screw ups several times.

1 Like

Agreed. Dea has been good the past fortnight, but his opening 20 minutes today were woeful. Pulled his finger out and just played on instinct in the second half and looked composed. Probably stays in, but Francis breathing down his neck more and more.

2 Likes