Essendon Cycling Kit 2014 -- Updates

How about some Blitz gear for non cyclists?

I'm still trying to look into a set of tops for the forum games.

I've said it before. Have them wear teh cycling gear...it'll help with aerodynamics or something

When you say bomberblitz.com is sponsoring / paying for shipment, is that the money some of us have donated to keep the website running?

Hell no.

When you say bomberblitz.com is sponsoring / paying for shipment, is that the money some of us have donated to keep the website running?

Hell no.

Ok :) Just wanted to be sure :)

Stubbie Holders.

Stubbie Holders.

Plain white t-shirt with enough stretch around the guts for all the fat farks that don't ride. Special hidden sleeve pocket for Winnie Blues...

Blitz cap would do me.

Alright, will look into it. 

Interested in short sleeve jersey.

Alright, will look into it.

Blitz cycling cap? :D

Tineli do them…

I want the shorts extra tight to accentuate my dood.

Do you plan on doing any merchandise for men?

are you out of size 12 now?

are you out of size 12 now?

#crisp

Looks like good quality kit. I was sorry to miss the last run, so very happy to have another chance.

Thanks for the good work Rolo. Put me down for a long sleeve and bib shorts.

Just a short sleeve this time for me.  Got the Hird version last run.

Interested in a cycling style cap to roll up and flip up, but not a baseball style cap.

Cycling hat would be nice. But as above, a proper one, not a BB one.

Can organise cycling caps as part of the order. What did you have in mind on there?

Can organise cycling caps as part of the order. What did you have in mind on there?

Black with red stripes down the middle? Like the back of the jersey?

More than you ever wanted to know about cycling caps ...

1) If you want to wear cap under your helmet:

These caps are usually made of some synthetic wicking stretch material such as coolmax and the cap fits close to your head.  Caps are either 4 panel (4 triangles sewn together) or 3 panel (a middle strip and 2 half moon sections on the side).  The panels are printed before they are sewn together.  So if you want the classic racing stripes design this will be easier with a 3 panel cap, than a 4 panel where it will be hard to get all the stripes to line up.  Caps are usually 1 size fits all, I find the 4 panel models fit me better but I have a big head. 

It looks like Tineli do synthetic 4 panel caps.  But there are other cap makers that do custom 3 panel designs.

2) If you want to wear cap during breaks in riding, e.g. at the cafe.

These caps are usually more traditional cycling caps - 4 panels made of cotton drill.  They often have racing stripe ribbon sewn down the middle, the stripes are sewn on last after the cotton panels are sewn together. The cotton caps sit higher on the head - there is supposed to be an air insulation gap between the cap and your hair/head.  Also the traditional cap was big enough to fit over the old leather sausage helmets.  There are several custom suppliers of these caps as well.

FAQs

- Why do cycling caps have such short bendy brims?  So you can roll cap up and put it in your rear pocket while you are riding if you don't want to wear it.

- Why do cyclists snap the cap peak upwards?  Originally snapping peak up pulled the elastic tighter so cap wouldn't blow off while you were riding (if you didn't need peak as sun shield).  Then the underside of the brim was used by professional cyclists as an advertising space to put brand names of sponsors.  Now just because ... it's traditional ... like AFL players wearing long socks pulled up.

So I suggest that people who are interested also indicate what type of cap they would prefer.