Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

■■■■ they do things outside the suburban belt?

1 Like

When the inside mids halve ? the clearances, Zaha and Colyer get some ball and can get their own games going. And the forward line spaces out nicely.
All comes back to midfield clearances.

2 Likes

Up Scumbag!

2 Likes

Agree however a couple of years ago we still wouldn’t have had a decent froward line that can take advantage of good midfield work. We do now.

Our backline is good, our forward line is good and our midfield is being worked on. Everything is moving in the right direction.

3 Likes

Do we want to know what “bloop pressure” is?

3 Likes

For all the AFL crap that goes on, it is about the players, Kelly being chaired off by the two captains and player guard of honour. And we won!

26 Likes

the first 3 qtrs is the blueprint for how they should aim to play every week.
anything less is sub par.

glad my 2 in stewart and green did well.

As Kelly said after the game, when you have 22 contributing players, that’s all you can ask for.

1 Like

It was just nice to hit some leadup targets in our forward 50.

1 Like

So there was one shot per qtr per beer during the game.

No telling when they will end now…

4 Likes

I think we are a better team with Hartley over Brown

16 Likes

Get a big dog up ya!!!

17 Likes

14 Cats had 1 or 0 tackles to their name. The disparity in tackling numbers is unreal in this day and age where players are very aware of their stat lines and their video review sessions.

Including Danger, Taylor, Lonergan and Selwood.

You’d feel pretty aggrieved if you were one of their lesser lights and got dropped this week, if you’d put in any sort of defensive effort.

4 Likes

May need a plan for kicking the ball out after a behind!!!

35 Likes

Agree.
I’m not a fan of everything the club’s doing, far from it, but we’ve got some potency now. Hard to take issue with much happening in the forward third.

9 Likes

Yep Stewart works.

Well done Bombers, didnt stop having a go.

3 Likes

McKenna not up to it atm and Hartley isn’t the player he was last year.
Great effort to hang on Fanta, JD Walla Hurley McG very good. Dea also.
Fwd functioned well with Stewart, especially in the first half.
They really are severely unfit; although I knew the 6 day break, after WA, and after the last 3 weeks of games, would effect them. They should be back to normal next Sun and then we’ll really find out about their fitness.

Me too, people will look at Hawkins 4th but the midfield running through mud made it very easy for Hawk and hard for harts, frees up hurls to be attacking. Brown in that team, even Ambrose and Hurley is on Hawkins and it’s a loss for us

6 Likes

I predicted we would win. We always play our best when we are underdogs. We lose games when we are favourites (Carlton is a good example). We need to start winning gimme games and winning well.

5 Likes

The promising thing for me is that the bigger the occasion, the more our younger players lift.
They thrive and want the responsibility to thrive at important times.

Thats something that we have missed from our older players, they’ve never seemed confident in big occasions.

The likes of Daniher, Merrett, Fantasia, Tippungwuti, Parrish and McGrath just love the high pressure games.

It will hold us in good stead in finals games imo.

14 Likes