Essendon Football Club - 2019 Financial Result

I have posted a couple of things in other threads recently that have gone largely unnoticed.
But even then I haven’t been able to say much.
When you have good sources giving you good information you would be ‘burning them’ to divulge it.
Suffice to say I’m more pessimistic about the club that I’ve ever been.

I respect that if you have sources you can’t say anything. But you also have to respect the fact that you haven’t said anything of note so it gets taken with a grain of salt.

That’s totally fine mate.
It’s ok I don’t need anyone’s validation. Therefore I’m keeping my head down.
Some may know me or work out who I am but I’m not looking for attention or likes.

4 Likes

Like.

3 Likes

how’s that working?

08%20pm

Just fine, thanks :blush:

1 Like

Until you say something that has anything behind it you are just blowing hard.

1 Like

Thought I’d check those cryptic posts.
Summarising For brevity.

“Lloyd’s son playing soccer”
“We lost some games last season, and played poorly at times” - wow, didn’t realise.
“Brown might not be a great CHF, but we have limited backups “

Got to say, you’re in no danger of burning your sauces with that stuff.

1 Like

Wow you have gone out pretty hard to embarrass me. Good luck to you.
Typical of why I don’t like this place.

You opened yourself up to it. You have offered nothing but are trying to claim you have good inside info. Sometimes you have to put yourself out there and earn people’s trust, not just make claims about your alleged inside info.

Others have been here for a while and done that. They are not always right, but they have earned enough trust to be taken seriously by providing information.

4 Likes

Begbie has been around for a while. Posted
Some good updates from preseason this year.

2 Likes

He can’t have been around for that long to know the scorn this forum heaps upon people who pretend to know inside information and don’t share it.

2 Likes

Not saying he hasn’t posted, saying he hasn’t posted inside info but has claimed that he has this and we should all take his word for it. There is a difference. I have no issue with him personally, just saying he has opened himself up to cop something on this forum.

One out of three who says that ain’t bad? Tell’em they are lying.

There is a lot said but unsaid by the Management of this club and the AFL.

Amazing the amount of bent people end up working at the AFL. I guess they just recognise talent of like/like.

1 Like

It’s commentary like this that makes me wish I was more financially literate . thanks for that contribution :slight_smile:

1 Like

How many of the “record membership” were the $25 Mighty Bomber memberships? I know I bought 3 of them. They make our total members look great but realistically they are not going to help the financials of the club.

1 Like

Quote this one next time, ta

"Membership revenue increased by $500,000 as a result of the membership tally increasing from 79,318 to 84,567.”

i.e. they gained around $100 revenue per extra membership

3 Likes

Go to the balance sheet and X said pay off the debt to look good, and slip in the new debt for the hangar as a Note 12. Net balance sheet effect is zero.
This is the gimmick X will use to rubber stamp his AFL Exec papers.
This result is a stinker, worse than the recent Evans Dixon 2019 F/Y result, at least Dave made a profit.