Essendon investigating racism directed at players during Dreamtime game

Essendon investigating claims a fan racially abused Bomber players during Dreamtime at the G game

ESSENDON is investigating allegations that racist insults were directed at indigenous players during Saturday night’s Dreamtime at the G game.

The club was made aware of the allegations today, after a Facebook post made by a fan claiming to be in the vicinity of the person in question went viral.

The facebook post alleged a woman wearing a Bombers scarf called Essendon’s indigenous players “little b#### c####” and then turned on other fans when they called her out as a racist.

The Bombers are in the process of speaking with parties involved and are yet to determine whether the person allegedly of the centre of the claims is a member of the club.

This Facebook post has been shared thousands of times on social media.
Club members are bound by a strict code of conduct and can have their memberships revoked by the club.

The club spent last week educating both players and fans about the indigenous heritage of its past and present players ahead of the AFL’s Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/essendon-investigating-claims-a-fan-racially-abused-bomber-players-during-dreamtime-at-the-g-game/news-story/f87cc05bc15b79c328a977ec80f25943

if a racist was in a forest and a tree fell on him ,…would we hear it?

If proven there is no place at the club for them. Would like to think it was some flog who got their hands on a Bomber scarf.

a woman wearing a Bombers scarf called Essendon’s indigenous players “little b#### c####”

Hang on … what??

Disgusting if true.

It has made the news over here in the last hour. More bad press, just what the club needs

kick her out of the club. Completely unnaceptable

Good on the fans around there for calling the moron out but surely you would report that kind of stuff right away rather than posting on social media.
Regardless, don’t let that c*nt anywhere near our club or footy in general ever again.

Makes little sense.
Then again, mindless idiots rarely do.

It’s disgraceful behaviour if indeed true. There is no excuse for making those sort of comments, ever. What is wrong with people?

I think it is great this is being investigated, and if it happened and she is a member I’ll be glad she’s kicked out of the club. But is this really news? The unfortunate reality is that every club would still have racists in its fans.

Poor form

a woman wearing a Bombers scarf called Essendon’s indigenous players “little b#### c####”

Hang on … what??

Kind of implies that she was using it as a term of endearment.

Holy smokes.

What, another stitchup?

What, another stitchup?

Why? is her name Sarah?

on serious note, hope the culprit is found out, if a member is kicked out.

I think it is great this is being investigated, and if it happened and she is a member I'll be glad she's kicked out of the club. But is this really news? The unfortunate reality is that every club would still have racists in its fans.

It’s not news that there’s racists, but I think it’s still worth talking about the incidents, otherwise it’s easy to pretend there aren’t racists.

Can our club president get away with being similarly racist days from now? Only time will tell.

Can our club president get away with being similarly racist days from now? Only time will tell.

Sorry?

Sorry?

So this person did this, and then abused many others around her, and no one reported it at the time?