Essendon looking more "Richmondy"

If we beat Geelong i will feel very confident of us having a good season.

1 Like

Does this come as a surprise to anyone though?

Sounds like it’s exactly as Woosh said it would be.

All good mate. Wasn’t having a crack, first part was very tongue in cheek.

Which course does Baz play, do you know?

No, no it doesn’t…

The salary cap thing was my recollection, had no idea of anything else.

Mind you, I was 8.

The whole ‘richmondy’ thing is a classic media setup.

If we’re not in flag calculations by round 4 they’ve no doubt got a steady stream of anti-EFC propaganda ready to go.

Still if by ‘Richmondy’ they mean disciplined, well organised, fit, able to get the right balance between attacking and defending, then yes, we are ‘copying’ Richmond.

Barry Young = Andrew Stevens

David Calthorpe = Wayne Carey.

Story was Sheeds found out and let them go at it in the boxing ring to sort it out.

3 Likes

Looking at the news tonight, sounds like the truck is more or less running things at this point, with Woosha overseeing the operation. As mentioned previously, its speaks volumes of the wisdom and maturity of Woosha, that he would even contemplate this. It is where he differs from Mick Malthouse, where his ego was too big to not have him as the main man. Slightly different scenario as I think it was forced on him somewhat, however I somehow feel his priority was him first, then the club.

With decades of experience, Woosha is the perfect guy to direct the young coaches is his employ. They obviously are highly skilled, and great tacticians, and to let them run with their ideas, and maybe smooth the rough or brash edges, which is a win/win in my book.

I know there is a little doom and gloom regarding our season, but I think this just might be our making. Thoroughly looking forward to what the boys bring to the table this year. Let the season start!

7 Likes

That is one of the more ludicrous articles I’ve ever read (and bychrist there’s plenty these days).
All that off the back of one preseason game…
Nurse! Stitch my sides up!!
Which AwFuL toadie was paid to vomit up that inane drivel? Poop Manure? Marc McClown?

1 Like

More handball can only be a good thing given the butchers we have in the guts :joy:

1 Like

2017-19 Richmondy is something to aspire to. 1980-2016 Richmondy isn’t.

1 Like
1 Like

So we are richmondy but with inferior or non existent versions of Lynch and Reiwoldt.

With a guy like Martin, but perhaps for about half a match due to lack of tank.

I totes see us getting past them.

Btw I think its good we arent GwEssy anymore .

That was never going to end well. Just not enough talent.

1 Like

we’ve been looking like the banter era richmond for about 16 years now

Hope it works better than when we tried to be more hawthorny or Geelongy…

1 Like