Essendon Tanking in 2016? It's been debunked

Are all those people that alluded to Essendon tanking this year, going to man up and apologise. It’s completely offensive to anyone at the club that has worked over time under terrible circumstances to suggest we’d put the reputation and remaining fabric of this football club under even more pressure by deliberately losing games of football.

I expect that we won’t finish with the wooden spoon, which is fantastic for this club.

I actually don’t recall many claims that we were talking.

I actually don't recall many claims that we were talking.

Robbo went on about it for a few weeks. Mind you, he doesn’t have a lot up top.

We should have, but beating Fark Carlton is just too good an opportunity to miss out on.

Passive resistance by silence?

We might have been trying to but fark Carlton are just that shithouse and that soulless club are farked for several years

Its Brisbane who can now tank in the last game, and get the no1 draft picks and get rid of their failed coach, without any accusation of tanking being levelled at them…

Tanking? Tanking?

Ah, you’ve probably miss-heard me.
I said, “that McLuggage looks good, Essendon are thinking”.
Later I said, “ that McLuggage looks good, Essendon are thanking”.

I still can’t work out why the Scum were tanking. Rowe on JD? Please? AFL need to investigate.

I still can't work out why the Scum were tanking. Rowe on JD? Please? AFL need to investigate.

Not tanking. Just ■■■■■■

And it’s beautiful to see

We don’t need pick 1

When Blitz saw the team selections against GCS, Stokes etc. many on Blitz said we were tanking, we won. Blitz loved the inclusions against the dogs, we lost. Blitz despaired over Orazio’s omission, for a “slight groin strain”, omitting the Russian and including Smack and Kommer (accused Worsfold of trolling), we won handsomely.

Can we conclude if Worsfold wanted to tank he would follow Blitz selection advice?

Not tanking. We are the in form team. We have won 2 of our last 3 games.

Did you see the last quarter?

They know what they want. Time will tell if they have balanced it right.

So a team that wasn’t going to win a game all year according to aproximately 95% of all ‘experts’ won 3 games and was tanking? gagf the lot of you.

Did you see the last quarter?

They know what they want. Time will tell if they have balanced it right.

Lol, that wasn’t tanking that was just classic Essington.

Watch them do it about 5 times next year and lose winnable games because of it, we’ve been doing it for years.

There were a few in the post brisbane game thread.

c’mon Saints… it’s absolute line ball at the moment. Probably not quite doing enough at this stage.

We’re off the bottom on the live ladder I think.

C’mon Saints, put the hammer down. Go Sainters. Go Sainters.