Essendon v hawthorn round 14 2021 review

That was pretty ugly. But playing Hawthorn down there it was always going to be. And it really took a few career best performances from Stringer, Draper and Jones (Hind was also great) to get us over the line. And we won’t get that every week.

We had a lot of players down on their best - Lav, Wright, Smith and Hooker all had pretty average games. Ham and Cahill struggled for the most, and even so did Perkins and Cox.

But bank the win and move on. I expect they will all have to front up next week as the cupboard is exceptionally bare at the moment. Melbourne will be a huge test but looking forward to it.

3 Likes

9 clearances… Absolute beast

4 Likes

Winning ugly sure beats losing.

23 Likes

Also free kicks 26-16

We also beat the umps

Useless ■■■■■

17 Likes

Its kinda cool that we now sit back and think a 24 possession, 6 clearance game with a goal is “well down”… I agree it was well down on his past 2 months but if that is your baseline… can’t complain I think.

11 Likes

Sh*t, I’ve been warned I’ve only got a few Likes left.
Have never run out before.

Will keep you guys posted…

5 Likes

Eagles away in there and the only loss to the reigning premier.

We’re building somthing. Im optimistic for the first time in a long time.

3 Likes

I’d like this but…same for me.

I’m out of likes.

3 Likes

Freak kick Hawthorn in full swing. Some of the non HTB calls on them were remote through TV bad.

18 Likes

The chumps were all over the shop, gave us/ missed some, surprised at the 26/16 result.

5 Likes

We won with at least 6-8 passengers so there’s definitely room for improvement. Really need Shiel back now that McGrath is missing & I hope Francis can overcome his demons & get back on track because our backline looks vulnerable. Draper back was a massive bonus, hopefully he can play out the rest of the year. Hind continues to get better which is truly amazing. He should genuinely be in AA contention & Ridley got back to his best in the second half but Laverde had a bad day Stewart looked outclassed & Redman was only OK. We didn’t really look dangerous in the forward line but just got enough to win. If we gift Petracca & Oliver the same complete absence of defensive pressure we gave Mitchel & O’Meara we will get spanked! Melb are still the same fragile side they have always been & Collingwood pressured them out of it. We can do the same but not the way we played today.

5 Likes

Yeah there should definitely be no complaints. It is great to see and that is what consistency is, have a “down” sort of game but still have an impact and work hard.

1 Like

Great game of footy

Well done to the bomber fans in tassie, made it feel like a proper home game

Stringer is a beast when he is on

Zac showing why he is worth every cent of his contract

Thought the umpiring for both sides was really bad

Hind is the pickup of the year

4 Likes

Well said! :slight_smile:

Unless I’m forgetting something, this is goal of the year for us.

5 Likes

Andrew Gaze reaction after Parishs’ goal lols

5 Likes

And then I get a message “I can’t believe that was HTB!!!” When Stringer won one late on the boundary line

1 Like

We have unusual ways of winning
Go Bombers!

1 Like

Who the ■■■■ at St Kilda thought giving him away for a pepsi and a half eaten snickers was a good idea?

5 Likes

huge win for truck rutten against a masterclass coach too. Clarkson threw his all at us and outcoached truck in the first half i reckon but then truck restructured and got the job done.

Congrats!

23 Likes