Essendon Vs Tin Rattlers - MATCH REVIEW THREAD

Apart from that though he always tears us up

6 Likes

CB.
pls.

2 Likes

My brotherā€™s mate who was with us today got to do the naughts and crosses at quarter time. He had it in the bag and had a brain farrt and fluffed it big time. Lost the $4000 home entertainment system. Will take him a while to get over that one.

11 Likes

Imagine sitting ZT in the the twos for a season while trying to turn Stewart (the only one beyond Stringer in 2020 who looked to have any idea how to lead as a forward) into a backman.

It worked with Laverde, it was an abject failure with Stewart (and just about did away with any hope of him having a long-term career). He is, and always was, a forward. Not a great one, but a forward nonethelessā€¦

9 Likes

Mass ?

Nick Bryan.

The dirt from Draperā€™s hand. LOL.

15 Likes

!00%. We won by plentyā€¦got smashed in the clearences with Parish and Shiel out (and Goldstein is still one of the best ruckmen), and people still hate it

1 Like

i think he was tricking me by saying a 2 and a 4 !

22 Likes

Am I the only one thatā€™s kind of happy we got belted at the clearances, showed we can score from other avenues.

Loved that we basically didnā€™t take any risks while transitioning the ball it was very methodical.

18 Likes

Laugh at how much we own North the boys must lick thier lips every time

Only if we can bring that mind set every week

1 Like

Menzie dropped a sitter 30 metres out directly in front. Would have been great for him to kick a goal with his first kick. But that pass straight down the throat of I think was Stewart was something. All the boys got around him after that one.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll head over there now. Iā€™ve been too busy on the Carlton BF as their season implodes.

19 Likes

Gets a full game next week imo

1 Like

Iā€™m just glad they finished out alright. So many games like this where they do nothing during the last quarter and win by 2 goals and change.

1 Like

???

Are we not talking about the North game?

3 Likes

I just went over there. And there arenā€™t any melts.

Theyā€™re basically just getting stuck into Essendon

• The win means weā€™ll keep Rutten so theyā€™re happy.
  • Stringer is fat.
  • Theyā€™ll win a final before us.
  • Counting the days since weā€™ve won a final.

Thatā€™s pretty much it.

4 Likes

I have a few questions from this game.
Mostly, will we get to see Bryan and Draper this year?
Iā€™m starting to feel very comfortable with resting Draper forward. The question is what to do with Bryan when heā€™s not rucking.

Secondly, does Stuzza restrict Baldwinā€™s aspirations?
Will he just have to wait?
Chungus wouldnā€™t have liked to have watched that game.

Itā€™s easy to forget that Cox is going to be pushing hard into that line-up.
And Reid.

Andā€¦I hate to hark on this, but Caldwell needs to be a better clearance player.
He did some nice things, butā€¦

Shouldnā€™t lose clearances like that. Lucky they suck.

Will be without Shiel, Parish and Caldwell against GWS away next week. That could be the game.

Stewart playing his best game for us since he last played as a forward, and Zerk playing better football as a defender than Stewart ever did, is a an anti gold star for the coaches.

I think Jones struggling to mark the ball whenever there is a little bit of body contact is a real problem.

I hope we review and respond to this game properly, because itā€™s an opportunity to get a reward by winning while also highlighting some problems we need to address. Canā€™t let it be a wallpaper win like the ones we had in late 2018.

Menzies should be a good investment from mid season draft pick to second rounder reimbursement when the Tasmanian team pinch him.

1 Like