Essendon will win the flag this year

Sure, I'll pay that. As for whether we can go back to back Vinnie, we'll start favourites next year. Joe's 4 points in a row in the third quarter cost us at the time, but I reckon that set shot 45 out on the boundary to give us the lead will be the making of him. Reckon he'll monster it next year.

30 seconds to go, Essendon 4 points down. Zaha on the run from 45m…he was never going to miss.

Carlisle dropping back in the dying seconds and clunking that Leo Barry style grab, was also memorable.

What a win.

My favourite part of the 2014 premiership was when we were 30 points down at 3 qtr time vs the hawks and suddenly the crowd erupted.  Clarko and all the hawks players looked up as though something happened and then they see it too... Hirdy walking across the ground towards the Essendon huddle.  It's the first time Hirdy has been sited around the playing group at a game, and the Bombers fans are going crazy.  The hawks boys were intimidated, you could tell, those fumbles early on in the last quarter, particularly with all the renewed physical pressure the bombers came with... you could tell the hawks were wobbly, and then Goddard danced around Lake, slammed a goal and got in Lake's face causing Lake to give away a silly free, giving Goddard a second without the ball being bounced... yeah, the hawks were never going to hold on from that point... momentum was all ours...

That sounds like it came from the script of game of thrones.

Or speccy Mcgee

Could happen.

Who would have thought a first year kid like Zac Merrett would kick not one but two incredible goals at such critical stages of the match. Its easy to say in retrospect that he was always a talent but I don't think many people would have foreseen that. I am worried for the start of next year, Chappy has to go for that hit on Gunston. It was fair but definitely reckless and high impact.

My favourite part of the 2014 premiership was when we were 30 points down at 3 qtr time vs the hawks and suddenly the crowd erupted.  Clarko and all the hawks players looked up as though something happened and then they see it too... Hirdy walking across the ground towards the Essendon huddle.  It's the first time Hirdy has been sited around the playing group at a game, and the Bombers fans are going crazy.  The hawks boys were intimidated, you could tell, those fumbles early on in the last quarter, particularly with all the renewed physical pressure the bombers came with... you could tell the hawks were wobbly, and then Goddard danced around Lake, slammed a goal and got in Lake's face causing Lake to give away a silly free, giving Goddard a second without the ball being bounced... yeah, the hawks were never going to hold on from that point... momentum was all ours...

Don't forget Cale Hooker run down tackle of Lance Franklin in the dying seconds of the prelim final to save us the game, where after sticking the tackle he could clearly be seen to say "replay that one ■■■■■■■!!"

I liked the bit where Dempsey back-heeled the ball to himself at full pace and ran the length of the field to kick a goal, just to prove it wasn't a fluke against the Suns.

And Hooker's 19 intercept marks.  And Buckets' 17 contested marks.  And Howlett's 19 tackles.

Who would have thought that Myers could actually kick a goal from inside the defensive 50?

30 seconds to go, Essendon 4 points down. Zaha on the run from 45m...he was never going to miss.
Carlisle dropping back in the dying seconds and clunking that Leo Barry style grab, was also memorable.
What a win.

All brought to you by Tom 'deadpan' Harley.

I liked the bit where Dempsey back-heeled the ball to himself at full pace and ran the length of the field to kick a goal, just to prove it wasn't a fluke against the Suns.

And Hooker's 19 intercept marks.  And Buckets' 17 contested marks.  And Howlett's 19 tackles.

Who would have thought that Myers could actually kick a goal from inside the defensive 50 let alone four?

fixed

I laughed and cheered when Gil handed over the cup and was shoved aside bit by bit as the players climbed up until he toppled off the side of the stage.  If you look at the premiership photo you can see him falling on the right hand side... beautiful photo bomb Gil.

Another highlight for me is when they invited Tanya onto the dais as well to join in on the celebrations... and then the announcement that William, Alex & Tom Hird would be the first inductees into The James Hird Academy for upcoming AFL stars to be run by EFC and would receive $30,000 each per year until the they reach draft age was the icing on the cake!

Essendon WILL win the flag.

I already know how this plays out. I have foreseen it.

What's the lowest someone has come from to win the flag? 6th or something? We'll win it from 7th!

What's the lowest someone has come from to win the flag? 6th or something? We'll win it from 7th!

Adelaide I think in either 97 or 98 (or both) came from 5th. Don't think anyone who has finished lower than that has ever won it.

30 seconds to go, Essendon 4 points down. Zaha on the run from 45m...he was never going to miss.
What a win.

All brought to you by Tom 'deadpan' Harley.

"Carlisle." 

So I’m the only one who remembers Colyer’s run from HB, dodging the Swans tacklers, taking 10 bounces to FF, and kicking the goal to put us in front in, just before 3qtr time??

Gee, some of you lot have short-memories!!

Out first week!

Booooooooo

The club was toying with me all along: they named Steinberg in the back pocket but he started forward and kicked five goals.

The club was toying with me all along: they named Steinberg in the back pocket but he started forward and kicked five goals.

KEVIN SHEEDY MASTERSTROKE