Essendon Women’s VFL Team launch + first training session - have you Hird about Long?

Thanks Houli Dooli and many more thanks to Steph and Michaela. Both women have made real sacrifices for EFC- MIchaela sticking with us despite no licence, Steph goes without saying. Silky threads in the fabric coming together again. Generations of loyalty in the stands and on the ground. Getting better all the time…

9 Likes

That is so awesome!

Is Stephanie the first person to transfer from the General Manager role into playing?

22 Likes
2 Likes

So happy to see Hird and Long playing in the red and black. Michaela was never going anywhere else … and Steph, wow what a fantastic surprise - really hope I get to see them play when I am down in Melb next year… Added bonus James will hopefully be there too.

3 Likes

Comment from before the infamous General Manager match of 2013…

4 Likes

Michaela is a lefty?

Steph 4th generation Essendon and great granddaughter of 1942 premiership player

2 Likes

Fantastic. Make sure she tells her three brothers what a great time she’s having and how great EFC is…

10 Likes

The admin side of things skipped a generation though… so far.

1 Like

So was/is her dad

2 Likes

I couldn’t remember.

I’ve got to say I couldn’t rustle up much interest in the aflw comp…until now.
I would love the opportunity to support Steph and Michaela (and the rest of the team). Let’s hope the fixture makes it possible. I don’t even know what comp the team is playing in.
I would so love our supporters to turn out in force to support the girls, and dwarf the crowds at the aflw games.

6 Likes

Might be a bit different from the netball crowds. The Dads might go to the games as well as the Mums.

Games will be shared between Windy Hill and Cragieburn, so hopefully at least 1500-2000 at every match would be a good result.

Hopefully the club makes a deal of it, promote it. They could promote VFL games more as well, I reckon.

2 Likes

If scheduling/injury/selection suits, she could be the first 4th-in-a-row player ever (see article from this week below). She is almost certainly going to be the first to do so at the one club (the family of the other guy drafted last week now spans three clubs).

1 Like

Hey handsome, have you HIRD?

No but I’m all ears

1 Like

I remembered the shimmy right but only could remember fark sos after that.

1 Like