Euro 2016

France off to a winning start thanks to a wonderful strike by Payet.

My Roja may be in a bit of bother if the late breaking De Gea scandal gets legs :frowning:

So Ronaldo has achieved what Messi has failed to do - Win a major title for his country - I reckon the Argentina team has been better than Portugal in this time.

Yeah.

Except Ronaldo played basically no part in the final.

He didn’t win it, Eder did, but I bet this will still go down as “Ronaldo carried them to the trophy that Euro”.

Forgot that Ronaldo played for Portugal in all qualifying games for the Euros and in all games in Euro finals.

So Ronaldo has achieved what Messi has failed to do - Win a major title for his country - I reckon the Argentina team has been better than Portugal in this time.

Yeah.

He didn’t win it, Eder did, but I bet this will still go down as “Ronaldo carried them to the trophy that Euro”.

Eder didn’t win it, he scored the winning goal. If it wasn’t for the keeper, it wouldn’t have got to ET in the first place. Ronaldo carried that team to the final with pepe and Sanchez.

First the St Kilda game & now this. What a ■■■■ weekend.

Are you French? didn’t know we have a French Bomber in our midst.

Je’m pas français et don’t comprennent l’langauage

I just didn’t think Portugal earned it and that big ponce Ronaldo didn’t deserve it.

But they benefitted from the format changes and got an easy run, that’s soccer sometimes.

Yeah.

Are you French? didn’t know we have a French Bomber in our midst.

VIVA PORTUGAL!

So Portugal only won one game in the 90 minutes and still managed to win the title, incredible and well done.

Les Blewsit

What a game. Never climbed to great heights. Both goalkeepers amazing. Glad to see Portugal win!

Portugal win!

Yes!!
Hold on now you buggers

WHAT A STRIKE!

Eder with a belter from outside the box in the '109!

Martial on.

Finishes 0-0.

Griezmann misses the easiest of chances that he makes 100/100 and Gignac misses a gettable one (surprise, surprise) in the '92.

France deserve to win.

And yeah, there is definately no hatred towards Ronaldo on my behalf, just overplayed it and it came across like a kid throwing his toys out of the cot. Unfortunately for Portugal, Ronaldo very well could have been the difference in regulation.

Portugal has to play to get to penalties. Fingers crossed.

Harsh to say it was poor of Ronaldo. What is he expected to do? Smile and say "aw shucks, it was fun but I gotta be going"? The guy is passionate and came back on, did his best. Its a huge game for his country and of course he is in tears.

I get he inspires a lot of hatred but to fault him today is a cheap shot.

Obvious to be upset and he doesn’t inspire hatred in I or BK as he is a Man U legend, but I felt the way he carried on he was thinking about himself, dropping to floor on the field (2nd time). He did well to try and come back on. When he couldn’t go on, just call for a substitution and give the armband to the nearest player to hand it to pepe.

Anyway, it’s a shame he can’t play on because it’s the sort of game where if Portugal can keep France at bay until the 70th minute they’ll start to get a fraction nervous and that’s when the brilliance of Ronaldo would have shown through.

Harsh to say it was poor of Ronaldo. What is he expected to do? Smile and say “aw shucks, it was fun but I gotta be going”? The guy is passionate and came back on, did his best. Its a huge game for his country and of course he is in tears.

I get he inspires a lot of hatred but to fault him today is a cheap shot.