Everyone else's latest

Ben, where the hell is 4.2 for the Galaxy S3? 4.3 is now out…

Fow whatever reason HTC Sync Manager doesn’t want to load on my Mac. Latest version is installed. Used the HTC online live help to no avail. I asked him what alternatives I can use. The one he gave me (Syncmate) needs to you pay $60 if you want to do more than sync contacts and emails.

Anyone know if any free alternatives to HTC Sync Manager?

Impressed by my Mi phone I’ve just ordered a Mi Band. Cheap Chinese electronics are really something!

Htc craps all over Samsung, never going back now. I love my htc one. It is a thing of beauty, and the Performance is flawless. I  have 4.2 and reckon there are some really nice additions. I cant believe how much better this phone is compared to the galaxy note I had.

Htc craps all over Samsung, never going back now. I love my htc one. It is a thing of beauty, and the Performance is flawless. I  have 4.2 and reckon there are some really nice additions. I cant believe how much better this phone is compared to the galaxy note I had.

Insight Dave? Considering my next phone.. I know there is the metal shell..

Yep, I’m HTC all the way. I have the OneX, the wife with the shiny new One.

Wouldn't mind seeing how long it lasts.

I've had an iPhone and it definitely lasts 18 months.  A few mates have Samsungs and they seem to last around the same time.  I had a HTC before my iPhone and my mate got one a few years ago and we both found the same problems.  It shows it's age within 12 months.

If I wasn't so Apple dependant, I'd get a Samsung (even though I'm not a fan of the screen size).  What problems did you find with your Samsung?

First thing most people do when they get a Samsung, me included is to change the default interface touchwiz, because it’s crap. That alone should tell you something major is wrong. I am thoroughly satisfied with my HTC, I have not tried to change anything.

My HTC TyTNII lasted just past the 12-month warranty. The repairs to the touch screen lasted about a week past the 3-month warranty. It then hit the rubbish bin. 4 years ago though.

On the other hand, my iPhone 3GS lasted 2 years without issue...the iPhone 4 is at 20 months now.

I've had an iPhone and it definitely lasts 18 months.  A few mates have Samsungs and they seem to last around the same time.  I had a HTC before my iPhone and my mate got one a few years ago and we both found the same problems.  It shows it's age within 12 months.

If I wasn't so Apple dependant, I'd get a Samsung (even though I'm not a fan of the screen size).  What problems did you find with your Samsung?

My OneX is approaching 2 years and is still going strong. My HTC Desire before that lasted about 2 and a half years, but needed replacing after a bit under 2 years.

My Gal S3 is still performing flawlessly, As is my old Gal 1 that I gave to a friend after I had finished with it.

Google currents app is pretty sweet for news / information

To be more specific, I had lagging issues on the phone dialer, I had spontaneous reboots, I had random device freezing. All very frustrating when they occured. I also had lots of random issues getting bluetooth to connect to my car audio system at times. Only way to fix it was to reboot the phone, and it seemed to just happen sometimes. Not one of these things has happened yet in 3 months with my HTC one ever.

Only very minor think I can say is different is the radio antenna is maybe 5% weaker than the note. Mind you, that note was a very big phone so I guess it might have had a bigger or more powerful radio antenna in it.

I also suspect because my new phone is 4 G, there maybe issues handing over between 3 and 4 G on data streaming, because where I live I am on the cusp of 4G in some of the areas I go. It doesnt effect phone calls, mainly live data audio streaming over 3/4 G is a tiny bit patchier. That is about the only thing I have found so far, and not a deal breaker by any stretch.

The other thing again minor with the HTC One, is the metal case, whilst really nice and solid is a bit slippery in the hand so presents a potential dropping hazard while getting the phone out of your pocket. I got myself one of the slimmer Otter boxes. A must for any expensive phone I reckon. The slimmer one doesnt add too much bulk to the phone or look that bad, and should protect from the average drop.

It also give the phone a better more textured grip.

Google currents app is pretty sweet for news / information

yeah def my fav app for news

Pretty tempted by the HTC One Max if it is what they are saying

THERE'S AN UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR MY SAMSUNG TABLET I DON'T BELIEVE IT.

MS bought Nokia!

Oh, and next gen Intel ssds will also have a ‘k’ range, which means OVERCLOCKING!!!

Samsung craps all over HTC. Just customise it how you want and unleash the power within. And add memory if you run out.

MS Nokia phones won't be called Nokia's ... what the hell did they buy?! Who cares about 'Lumia'?