Ex-#10 Saint Francis, off to the Sydney Diocese

“Weideman is that far ahead of him its not funny” = fact. Where they were drafted has no bearing on this statement.

Weed is easily superior to Francis.

1 Like

Ok, how is it a fact?

Based on what? Firstly they play different positions, so it’s not like they can be compared. Secondly neither are very good in their positions. Weid has been our go to KPF and has managed 13 goals in 10 games. He kicked 5 goals in 1 game so that is 8 goals in the remaining 9 games.

1 Like

Well, apart from just watching football and using reasonable judgement, if you consider the number of ‘good’ games they’ve played, Francis would be what… 2 or 3 for his entire career? Weed has matched that this year alone. He also played a number of good games for Melbourne.

Then of course, there’s stats. Francis played predominately as an intercept defender, so you’d expected his marks and disposals to be significantly higher than Weed, which they are not.

Francis’s record as forward speaks for itself.

Anyway, I agree with you that at present they could both be considered failed first rounds picks, but I think Weed is a lot closer to serviceable than Francis and I have a lot more faith in Weed coming good than Francis.

4 Likes

Weid strikes me as similar to Wright a few years back. Needs a few break out games and some confidence and he could be 100% better than Jones even when Jones can get on the park

1 Like

The fact Weid is capable of kicking 5 in a game already puts him ahead of Francis

1 Like

The stats are pretty even. Weid is an average KPF and Francis an average KPD.

Francis kept king to 3.1 which is serviceable. He is not playing as an intercept defender because they don’t have any KPD’s. King has been in good form kicking 4 goals he past 2 games.

Weideman has gotten worse since a solid start to the season. I have them on par. To suggest one is better than the other is stretching it. Neither can take a contested mark.

1 Like

Baldwin has passed Francis.

I hope we sign him before other teams come looking.

8 Likes

No he’s not.
“Average” is well out of his reach.

4 Likes

Francis is not a forward. Reimers kicked 8 goals in a game, does that put him ahead of both players?

Francis isn’t anything. He sucks at every role he’s tried

He held his own against Max King, played well against McKay 2 weeks ago also. I think he well and truly sits in the average space.

The fact that Weiderman is still competing in the contest for a whole game, regardless of results of those contests is a massive upgrade from Frang. Aaron would just go missing completely in games to the point where you would forget that hes on field. And mind you, Weid is a 3rd tall playing as our focal point in the fwd line. Dudes knackered at the moment, but keeps fronting up.

2 Likes

Maybe you should rewatch the last game as an example of Weid going missing.

Francis was moved all over the place, so it’s a bit unfair to say he went missing, he was never settled in a position like Weid has been. I don’t rate either of them, and neither of them would be getting a game in a decent side.

Easily

2 Likes

And it was his worst game for the year. Other games, we have seen him have a presence in the forward line as the only genuine tall.

Reimers could have been a gun had he not had a sh#t attitude and a strong case of FIGJAMitis

1 Like

I don’t rate him, never have. It doesn’t really matter what I think.

Yep, I think similarly. He’s struggled a bit being our only real Key Forward. But a lot of players are made better by the players around them. I think he will be better with Peter in - and hopefully develop a synergy. Tippa may not have been at the top of his game in recent senior appearances, but he did work pretty well with Langers and others in taking his opponent away from the contest when appropriate. We desperately need fast movement into the fwd line in order to create separation and allow our forwards a chance to mark clean ball.

Weids has to get rid of the Essendon yips though. He was really accurate early in the season. Gone down hill recently.

1 Like