Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Keep McKernan, trade Daniher for a gun mid fielder?

1 Like

Can’t see the club doing that.

Gwilty, plz.

1 Like

Seriously? Has had his best season ever. Has helped us win games and he is finished.

Are you drinking?

Lol what?
Smack has been good but let’s not kid ourselves on his worth to the team

1 Like

Ah, right. Yep, can definitely see that happening.

Yes I’m drinking but I’m serious. He is getting minimum chips with us and several other clubs would offer him double or more plus the opportunity to be more than a fill in. If the Suns or Carlton offered him $500-600k he would be mad not to take it and I’d doubt we would match so I don’t see him with us next year

3 Likes

Ok. I misunderstood your original post.

I would hope he would stay. We gave him a chance when he was on the scrap heap. We stuck with him when he was ■■■■. You would hope he would stay.

At the moment, he and Daniher as a fwd duo with string is very encouraging.

And drink up :grinning: I am :wink:

One year, @ 300k, with a club option for a further year

Standing ovation for Smack

4 Likes

That’s about the figure for me but he will get several offers of double that I’d imagine.

poor bugger, having such a good run at it and has been playing his best footy and this crap happens

2 Likes

Not sure if some of you blokes are trolling. Club will keep him on for sure.

Woosha just said there’s a place for him on our list. Guess it just depends on other offers.

Why trade a player who has helped turn the club around with winning? They wont trade him no way
Lets hope he is not too bad

Rookie list. Out of contract. If he says no to our offer, he becomes a free agent and can be grabbed by anyone. And with the career he’s had, good for him if he can make some $$$ and become best 22 lock.

2 Likes

■■■■ news

We might not have a choice. Sometimes you have to look after yourself and for a journeyman this could be his last big chance to set himself up for life. A lot of difference between the $300k x 1 or 2 we will potentially offer and $600 x 3 or 4 someone like FCFC or the Suns would offer

3 Likes

He’s not a free agent. Needs 8 years on the list.

That said we’ll get jack if he leaves.

It’s a bit of a headache. If he and Leuy go, we need same ruck filler.

1 Like

I think we would be very keen to keep him and we will just need to pay a bit more than we would like. He deserves a reasonable contract after this year.

7 Likes