Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Hope it isn’t a major injury for his sake

After toiling away for so long on verge of decent contract from us and elsewhere

Pray for Smack

2 Likes

He was ok. Should play next week

Apparently, FC and Dogs are in to him.

1 Like

Yeah, for a guy fighting for his one good contact of his career, the injury is a bit sickening.

2 Likes

Doubt the injury will have any bearing on what Essendon planned to do with McKernan. And given his EXCELLENT form he should be duly rewarded with a 2 year, good money contract.
Shame we won’t see him again this year. The hamstring looked high and those are the worst you can get, usually 8-10 weeks recovery

6 Likes

Very disappointing. What ATE said, etc. ■■■■ he’s been good. We’re pretty thin down forward now. Even with the Hooker thing, he’s probably about a 24% chance to kick any mark he gets.

Francis in for Smack. Old fashioned CHF. Done.

took a really good mark in defense as well, up there with hooker as our best pack mark

Surprised Norf dont make a move. That said, he is from the north west suburbs and played for west meadows i think which is essendon zone… or something… he may have even supported us.

If he leaves and goes to any of the teams with a poor forward set up (Carlton/WBD) he’ll likely struggle to play to the level he has shown here. Wouldn’t begrudge him leaving for a payday, it’d suck to lose him considering we likely wouldn’t get a pick inside the top 50 and we’d never get to see him in our best forward lineup.

1 Like

Woosh wants him for 2019

3 Likes

Sounds promising about Stringer

His face looked a bit downcast when singing the song.

1 Like

I’m gutted for him hopw he sticks around next season

Poor guy. Having the best run of his career and cops a injury.

Hope he stays, but wouldn’t begrudge him if a big offer came his way

1 Like

I’ve learned to take the good and the bad with Smack.

Hard to tell, but if you are right he had plenty of company today, no one else could hit the ground falling over. His hands were looking extra sticky though, he was going to Clunk City. l believe he will stay. McNurnan, make plans for 2019.

Me too. Roger was awful for years, did everything wrong whenever he got near it. And then something changed and he became good and later great. I can see McKernan following the same track and still winning games for us in 2026. Though I admit to being a sort of optimist.

2 Likes

Great, he deserves it.

He has clearly come good in that he does enough good things to outweigh his brain farts. I love that he has done this through hard work and perseverance. Real credit to him.

Regarding his contract. Sounds like he’ll get a reasonable offer that probably reflects him being the full forward we wanted. I think he has really good bonds with the players that will influence his decision. If i recall correctly he was one of 5 players living together when they got robbed. He just seems like he’s a classic team first clubman type.

1 Like

Really feel for the guy. I love him as a footballer and really don’t want to see him go elsewhere.

11 Likes