Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Yes.

4 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Yes.

He is a second-string forward and backup ruck.

He is no spearhead of a forward line, even though he has done admirably in that role at times.

1 Like

He started the game brilliantly, we just couldn’t get it down to him

Basically the only highlight from the game was his one handed grab on the wing.

1 Like

Tough fronting up after a game like that. He spoke well though.

Has gone past Hooker as our best mark.

Possibly the best in the comp.

Had a huge first half.

1 Like

clunk city

Sticky fingers

You can see his confidence growing each week without the brain fades happening. He could really go nuts for a couple of years as a FF.

14 Likes

indeed

2 Likes

He is easily the best contested mark in our side, easily

I love him, have loved him from day 1. Finally glad most are on board now. He’s actually been pretty decent for about 2 years now, despite injury

15 Likes

I remember I think his first kick for us at Docklands. He lead up strongly on the western forward flank, took a strong mark out in front, turned on a sixpence and delivered a low long accurate pass to someone (who, I cannot remember). There was a distinct “ooh” that came from the crowd.

I love it when he attacks the ball, turns and goes bang. In Joe’s absence he’s become one of our most important players.

4 Likes

Yep. Now that he has a clear role, he can focus on getting that right.

Previously he had no continuity of games and position. Ruck > forward > vfl > repeat

His field kicking is excellent for a big man.

When his confidence is up he is very hard to stop.

6 Likes

Jobe might have got that one lace up?

Love him

Such an interesting skill set that seems to be coming together for him, and us.

His career so far kind of reminds me off Waite’s. I can see him only getting better with age, provided his body stays healthy.

5 Likes

Seems to be a key thing for him. And sure for others as well. But when he is in the zone he is on and thrives. He’s a beast and if he was playing for another side you’d be worried about him taking us apart.

3 Likes