Exciting Times

I had moved it around a little bit and forgot to put him back in!

How could I forget him!?

I’d have a whole team of Walla’s if I could.

I have put him back in and thanks for pointing it out!

I’d rate it 8th-10th of all 18 types of party.

4 Likes

Excellent post

Credit where it is due dingus. That was not a bad response lol

I hate positive people.

I just love them!

1 Like

I understand the positivity. I don’t see the point in being negative about past events.

But I also don’t understand not learning from them or correcting them.

The introspectivity (?) is boring I know - but I keep biting.
What are you actually correcting? You do realise that the same things are said year after year, right? And the only people hearing it, are forum members. And that it makes no difference to the team performance. And it is miserable and depressing. Right?

2 Likes

I find it cathartic rather than depressing.

1 Like

I hate you

1 Like

We are also a club in debt. Playing our most competitive side and trying to scrape into finals, has a big impact $$$ wise.

2 Likes

I love you.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the question, but I’m not trying to correct the positivity of others. That would make me a miserable ■■■■.

I also agree wholeheartedly that forum posts have no impact on team performance.

I don’t find any of it depressing, any more than I find positive posts to be rapturous.

1 Like

Fair enough.

What??

Mate. What are you worried about?! Didn’t you see the hashtag? “#comebackstory”? Hand over your membership dollars and pretend the last 5 years won’t have a lasting impact.

At the start of this year, I felt that we would finish on the borderline of the 8, probably just inside. And we’re very close, so I’m not too disappointed with this year. I feel like I have received pretty good value, for all the $$$ and emotions that I have invested.

I also believed that 2017 would be better than 2018. We started this season with lots of experienced players as depth, and I still believe that those experienced players are superior to the kids, especially over a long season…furthermore, as it turns out, we have had an amazing run this year with injuries, which would be unlikely to repeat in 2018…so I still think finals will be harder in 2018. And because of that, I have been happy to strive in 2017 to make it, and just play the best players for current performance.

So…for me…only a remarkable draft/trade period will shift me from this expectation: that finals will be a stretch in 2018. I’m OK with that. It will be more of a development year, getting senior games into the likes of Langford/Lav/Begley/Mutch and perhaps a draft pick if ready. That can be exciting to me, if those players simply show signs of improvement.

3 Likes

We build forward line overnight in 2017 and now we build midfield overnight in 2018, patience bois pls

Yeah-nah.

l nearly did that once.