Family Day - March 7th @ 6.00pm

Club's Family Day for 2014 will be on Friday 7th March, starting at the special time of 5:30pm.

Come and join in the fun and festivities of a twilight event following the club‘s final NAB Challenge game against Richmond at Punt Road Oval.

Activities on the day will include:

·       2014 guernsey presentation

·       Player autograph opportunities

·       Special kids zone – amusements, clinics etc.

·       Live band playing throughout the event

·       2014 membership and merchandise sales

Event details:

Friday 7th March, 2014

5:30pm - 8:30pm

True Value Solar Centre, 275 Melrose Dr, Melbourne Airport

Gold coin upon entry

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-01-28/save-the-date-family-day

That would make it difficult for anyone wanting to attend the game at Punt Road and then go to the family day. Although I must say I much prefer this to the tradition of having it on the Labour Day holiday (because I am always away for the long weekend)

Reckon they’ll have the Thymosin Beta demonstrations again like last year?

I need a booster.

We need one of these. Can pick them up for about $350, controlled by smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android), built in 720p HD video cam, hovers very well, camera can pan ................. perfect.

parrotAR2_zpsbe4b6bc4-1.jpg

We need one of these. Can pick them up for about $350, controlled by smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android), built in 720p HD video cam, hovers very well, camera can pan ................. perfect.

parrotAR2_zpsbe4b6bc4-1.jpg

Too windy, will end up in sydenham or something.

Club's Family Day for 2014 will be on Friday 7th March, starting at the special time of 5:30pm.

Come and join in the fun and festivities of a twilight event following the club‘s final NAB Challenge game against Richmond at Punt Road Oval.

·       2014 guernsey presentation

·       Player autograph opportunities

·       Special kids zone – amusements, clinics etc.

·       Live band playing throughout the event

·       2014 membership and merchandise sales

Event details:

Friday 7th March, 2014

Gold coin upon entry

That would make it difficult for anyone wanting to attend the game at Punt Road and then go to the family day. Although I must say I much prefer this to the tradition of having it on the Labour Day holiday (because I am always away for the long weekend)

Game will probably finish around 3pm

· 2014 guernsey presentation

· Player autograph opportunities

· Special kids zone – amusements, clinics etc.

· Live band playing throughout the event

· 2014 membership and merchandise sales

Event details:

Friday 7th March, 2014

Gold coin upon entry

Game will probably finish around 3pm

Actually I was thinking more about this. For most "families" to get to this will mean leaving work early, then getting on the tulla in peak hour the Friday night of a long weekend. It's a terrible time. The Monday was much better.
Why can't we have it on a normal Sunday like every other club?

How the hell are people going to get there after work?
Not to mention the event starts in peak hour traffic so the bums not working cant even get down there.

Not to mention the event starts in peak hour traffic so the bums not working cant even get down there.

Apparently the club thinks only people who live and around the training faceilities support them. Everyday I feel a little more disconnected from club and the AFL.

It is a bizzare time to have such an event.

Leaves you shaking the head.

Do most other clubs do it on a sunday? Wouldn't it be better if we did it on the Sunday (2/3) or worst case the 9th(middle of the long weekend)?

Ok, just rang the club to express my mystification, and they said that something is going up on the website this arvo to explain the reasoning.

One given was that they were worried about the weather. Having people & players standing around in the heat etc.

Thats fine I said, but why on a Friday in peak hour etc ...

She then went to put me through to the guys that run it & made the call (really, I thought,... cool) he wasn't in but she took my number & said he'd call me back.. again great, the EFC listens thing would seem to be much more than a mere platitude.

Upshot was, I'm hardly the 1st to query the timing, & also asked if they tune into Blitz & were they aware of the bemusement.

Answer was yes on all counts.

Do most other clubs do it on a sunday? Wouldn't it be better if we did it on the Sunday (2/3) or worst case the 9th(middle of the long weekend)?

Just did a quick check of the victorian clubs

Collingwood - Saturday

Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Bulldogs - Sunday

Geelong, North, Saints, - Couldn't find a date announced

Melbourne - Couldn't tell but last year they had 3, the main one at Luna Park on a Saturday with others at Casey and Ballarat

Luna Park is an appropriate venue for Melbourne.

It's not like we have a huge indoor facility that could protect people from the heat on Sunday where the autograph session could take place.

They'd probably pay the flight plan off if they let people swim in the pools on Sunday at a nominated price.

Think outside the box Bombers!!

Can't get there Friday night. Surely they could trun more than one Family day, especially given the queues each year to get an autograph?

In the mean time - how can I get Melky to sign my son's #17 guernsey? I was counting on getting to the Family Day.

Get along to training maybe?

It's not like we have a huge indoor facility that could protect people from the heat on Sunday where the autograph session could take place.

They'd probably pay the flight plan off if they let people swim in the pools on Sunday at a nominated price.

Think outside the box Bombers!!

Maybe the paralympians are training inside,seeing as its a joint facility.

Apparently the club thinks only people who live and around the training faceilities support them. Everyday I feel a little more disconnected from club and the AFL.

I think it's terrific. But each to their own. Feeling disconnected over a starting time for family day though, seriously?

Can't get there Friday night. Surely they could trun more than one Family day, especially given the queues each year to get an autograph?

In the mean time - how can I get Melky to sign my son's #17 guernsey? I was counting on getting to the Family Day.

Get along to training maybe?

Camp out on his lawn and wait for him to come out... 30 journalists can't all be wrong.

Ok, just rang the club to express my mystification, and they said that something is going up on the website this arvo to explain the reasoning.

One given was that they were worried about the weather. Having people & players standing around in the heat etc.

Thats fine I said, but why on a Friday in peak hour etc ...

She then went to put me through to the guys that run it & made the call (really, I thought,... cool) he wasn't in but she took my number & said he'd call me back.. again great, the EFC listens thing would seem to be much more than a mere platitude.

Upshot was, I'm hardly the 1st to query the timing, & also asked if they tune into Blitz & were they aware of the bemusement.

Answer was yes on all counts.

So ... 6 o'clock & no call back ... & nothing up on the website.

Promises, promises ......

I think it's terrific. But each to their own. Feeling disconnected over a starting time for family day though, seriously?

yeah we've gone over these things every year. to be honest, if one of their reasons was to reduce the numbers, then so be it, the crowds are ridiculous, and they probably have trouble managing that volume of people.