Family Day today! Come on down!

So that’s what Jake is wearing!

1 Like

Chips from the first food truck were average

1 Like

He was patting the rabbits beforehand!

Then he picked up a goat. Bunch of players standing around taking the ■■■■ out of him (Shiel, Baguley, Hartley, Begley as I remember).

Uploaded better quality pic:

Back home in the east now. Very relieved

5 Likes

Yep that’s the one

Hurley looks like a circus strongman.

14 Likes

The goat is clearly unimpressed by Hurley’s one on one defending this past season

1 Like

Did you need a long shower to wash away the grime?

1 Like

I wouldn’t have needed to be so judgemental if there weren’t so many horrible bogans…

Nah all stupid jokes aside it was alright. Good vibe. Not that many there but I don’t know how many people these things normally attract. Perhaps it’s strange to have it in December rather than Feb? Players were late to the presentation thing which was a bit of a downer. I didn’t try the autograph thing because I’m not insane but people seemed to be digging it. Mainly I was grumpy because my sh/tty kid was being extra sh/tty!

2 Likes

I didn’t believe the stat that less than 50% of Australian adults pay no net tax until today.

5 Likes

Actually there was one weird thing. While Worsfold was speaking there was an oldish guy standing in front of me who kept muttering swear words (faaarkin bullish/t) while looking down at his shoes. Eventually after a few mins the words were getting much louder (THIS IS FARKIN BULLSH/T) and a middle aged woman said something to him, he then immediately trudged off still muttering to himself.

Sorry I didn’t say hi, Wim

34 Likes

He was getting too vocal so I had to say something.

2 Likes

Image caption ‘GOAT pets goat’

3 Likes

EFC supporters are the GOAT:

3 Likes

Fun day was had by all although patience required in the massive autograph queues. What a broad church we are, Bomber supporters - all shapes, sizes, creeds and colours. It was great to mingle among such passionate and single minded supporters and also run into a number of old friends. Lunch in Lygon Street afterwards with all of us proudly wearing our colours really topped the day off!

15 Likes

Has this been the most Benfti off season ever?

2 Likes

It was a pretty good day I reckon. Left home around 9am and parked inside the show ground just before they opened the gates to the festivities.
Got some Santa photos straight away and got the kids onto a few rides which were pretty tame but the kids loved it. Kids went and played with the animals, got their faces painted, went on the obstacle course and jumping castle, won some crap on the clowns, had some hot chips and then it was time for the jumper presentation.
Not that I really cared but they were about 10 mins late and in that time the member email came out announcing the new numbers, so it was a bit lame asking the crowd to guess Sheils number when there was only #9 left and half the crowd already knew, but whatevs.
After that it was time for the signings and the mrs waited with a friend and the kids in the very long Heppel/Sheil line while I went and jumped in the 2 short lines while they were waiting. I was still happy to quickly great guys like Laverde, Smith, McGrath, McKenna, Begley, Gown, Zac Clarke, Zerret, Francis, Gleeson, Draper, Myers, Redman, and a few others.
When I met Myers I said “Most improved” and he joked he was a spring chicken.
Anyway, we took off after that and the whole family had enjoyed themselves, hope the rest of you did too.

22 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like