Family Day

I want candy!

Quoted Post

I want candy!

Happy to oblige em. One of my fave tracks ever, Pierson really opens the pipes & lets it rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLOjmY--TA

It’s a lock for me. Was hoping we’d have a tribunal verdict in time for this but no luck eh, so hoping for a rousing win tonight to ensure spirits are high on the day

Quoted Post

oo can i help

The free lollies are more than enough.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I want candy!

Happy to oblige em. One of my fave tracks ever, Pierson really opens the pipes & lets it rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLOjmY--TA

Me too. I love that song. Great voices, great depth. I love Iggy, and Pierson has a great voice.

I’ll be there.
Don’t know any of you though haha

Anyone turn up to this?

Quoted Post

Anyone turn up to this?

Probably still getting free lollies from bd

Not on the official EFC calendar, so no reminder; so no attendance.

How was the free candy?

Would have doubled the crowd if it was at Windy Hill I bet

Quoted Post

Would have doubled the crowd if it was at Windy Hill I bet

Wasn’t that one of the selling points of moving to tulla? While training and headquarters were moving, club events like family day would remain at windy hill.

I was there. chatted to a number of people I’ve never seen before. Only person I asked whether he was a Blitz member looked at me funny.

Heh - how was that chick on stage calling Giles ‘gilles’ ? :slight_smile:

it was great! huge reception for Hirdy and Sheeds. As per usual, long lines for the autograph tents. The boys were really good though, stayed there for ages (and they basically came straight from the airport so would have been tired as!)

took this pic right at the start. The set up worked well, lots of space for the different stalls, the cafe in the middle, and the autograph queues!

I was there. Xavier was right when he said Caro, Smith and Barratt would be welcomed back at the club.

For the kids, there was pin the Caro, and a piñata of Fatrick Smith to whack.

And for the adults, a dart game where if you could hit a picture of Mr.Purple between the eyes
you won a free voodoo doll of him with free pins.

A witchdoctor flown in from the Amazon was on hand to ensure they worked.

Good times.

The day went off brilliantly. Wish I could have stayed longer but had to take my 11yo to band practice (“High Voltage” watch out for 'em).

Traffic through town was gridlock due to the Grand Prix. Temp of 29 degrees meant lots of frustration in the car, but thankfully I was giving SheedIsOurFather a lift and her calmness rubbed off on me.

Parking was crap as always.

Ran into Darli (can I mention her name here mods?) which was lovely as always. Also caught up with Reboot who surprised me by not having a bourbon and coke in hand (first time for everything).

Great to see the players … The iconic hair of Hep, Komzi, Hurls and Gwilt, the baby faces of Langford and Laverde, the scruffy Jobe, Jakey Melk looking über cool in his designer sunnies … Humberta couldn’t take her eyes off James Gwilt, who she reckons is an EXCELLENT recruit.

Sheedy had his own queue and there was a guy in line in full GWS regalia, which brought a yell of “what’s going on here???” from Sheeds. Cudos to the guy - I still can’t get myself to hate GWS, but I’m sure the day will come.

I missed the speeches so I’m really looking forward to other Blitzers filling in the blanks.

Thanks to all that came out, it was a really good day. The players’ plane was a little late but we kept them signing in their tents a little longer to make up for it.

@M10G10 and @riley13 - The intention is to still have events at Windy Hill, mostly due to the public transport and parking availability. But it’s really difficult securing a time that the ground isn’t in use for cricket. Then, trying to match Windy Hill’s availability with the players’ training schedule makes it extra difficult. At least by having it at TVSC, we only have to manage it with the players’ schedule.

Agree Fog, great day!

Highlights:
The players (as always)
Sheedy
Hirdy’s speech
Chairman Little’s speech
Crowd roar for Fletch at the jumper presentation (followed by a sheepish grin).

Do you think the Chairman was sending out a message to the faithful Fog?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Do you think the Chairman was sending out a message to the faithful Fog?

Everyone that spoke (Sheedy, Little, Hird and Watson) were all very confident about fielding a strong/full round one side.

Mendoza didn’t speak??