Fan Behaviour at AFL games

Yeah - It’s so much fun to rain abuse on others - Misplaced priorities.

I called O’meara a shiny idiot and it felt good.

He’s always shiny.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to go out for a meal just to send back a steak.

I recommend the rabbit terrine.

13 Likes

I disagree with the idea that this a “left issue”, I haven’t heard anyone say that open racism and homophobia should be allowed in stadiums. The crackdown has been on swearing and general loudness.

It’s clearly a “somebody think of the children” moment that’s an extension of the media backlash toward crowds booing media darlings.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the two Carlton fans did last night to be removed from the game?

Being Carlton fans isn’t enough?

5 Likes

Someone posted a tweet on BF from someone supposedly 10m away from the two that they shouted “Chewy on ya boot” at Suckling as he lined up for goal.

Edit:this is what was referenced.

5 Likes

Maybe the “you big fat galoot” following “chewy on your boot” was seen to be reinforcing negative body images.

Yeah, but Dill was going to lower the cost of chips at the G, that is not easy

Agrée with all that - after Anzac Day & goalpostgate all the AFL had to do was admit that the umpires made incorrect décisions but instead they turned to the interpretations of the rule theme so they wouldn’t have to admit they were wrong. The chumps got hung out to dry and cracked the darks so now it is the behaviour of the fans that is the problem so the dill can say, look we are doing this for you lads.
This is a farce! Don’t believe there is any other sporting organisation in australia that is so poor and devoid of professionalism in its administration.

18 Likes

Local leagues are run better than the AFL
It’s a joke

6 Likes

Oh I agree. Umpiring is a massive problem, I agree, and it’s infuriating everyone. Agree that it is the cause of most of the angst at games, and it’s AFL created because of the ridiculous rule/interpretation changes.

But out of the 95% of people at games who are infuriated by the umpiring, only 0.000001% have a punch on. And those people are the dudes who’ve had a skinful.

But I agree with your general point as well that I just don’t see it as a big issue anyway

1 Like

Nobody has ever been evicted for yelling ‘chewy on your boot’… where tf does this crap come from?

3 Likes

Who actually says that? LOL.

4 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes, why does the AFL seem to think the umpires don’t.

Accept that the umpires, like players make mistakes and work towards having them correct them and see what happens…

2 Likes

Maybe forty or fifty years ago.

Not enough c-bombs for you?

1 Like

Well the tweet suggests otherwise…

Funnily enough security weren’t walking up and down the aisle when that McKenna free kick was awarded.
There were some spicy words from the lady behind me about oral copulation in exchange for free kicks.

8 Likes

There’s a kid (additional needs) that sits close by me at the G who yells it out whenever an oppo is taking a shot.