Fan Behaviour at AFL games

Do people want the AFL to promote drunken middle aged men getting loose at the footy?

1 Like

For me, th heart of the problem is not the rules but the way they are selectively applied.

Certain clubs - such as Collingwood, Free-Kick-Hawthorn, Snydey - the maggots go above and beyond to award free kicks to and not give crucial frees away. So we saw in debacles like Anzac Day, Goalpostgate, and the 5 goal differential the maggots, sorry bald headed flogs, gave to Free-Kick-Hawthorn to keep them in the game.

It is this absolutely corrupt behaviour that is the biggest on field problem the game has.

The biggest off field problem is the corrupt and incompetent behaviour of GilJong Un and his cronies.

It would be ignored.

Donā€™t you remember the lady back in the saga days who was kicked out of the MCG for peacefully displaying some innocuous sign saying something like ā€œOur players are innocentā€?

What they are doing now is nothing compared to what they did to her in terms of the scale of the ā€œoffenceā€.

5 Likes

ā€œFlog with hairā€ is more nuanced.

1 Like

Two signs.

One with the word ā€˜FLOGā€™

One with a picture of Gil.

Hold them next to each other. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll like the nuance.

5 Likes

BOVRIL

2 Likes

Apart from the NRL, the FFA and the ARU, you mean.

And as far as trying to dominate the entire sport, Cricket Australia too.

There is also a problem with the security guards themselves most of them are from different backgrounds and not brought up with the game. They maybe have trouble differentiating between bad behaviour and barracking in general. Anzac day 2011 I was having some hilarious banter with a half intelligent Collingwood fab sitting behind me. Halfway through the 2nd quarter a Punjabi or Sikh security person wanted to throw the Collingwood supporter out for swearing. I said to the security guy that as much as I would like him to be thrown out he actually never used a swear word and you must heard it coming from elsewhere. He let him stay for the game where Blair kicked their winning goal with a minute to play. It was the first and only time I have defended a Collingwood supporter

5 Likes

Yep, the security teams look less diverse than the fans.

2 Likes

. Pay those who are capable of understanding the spirit of the game and adjudicate the rules fairly for all teams over $200k a year. Make them full time professionals just like the players, coaches and AFL officials.

Thereā€™s be a tonne of fit men and women lining up to be called green headed maggots if they could perhaps earn ~300k a year if they are the elite umpires of the game.

When Kim Jon Gil makes millions and millions in bonuses to be an absolute ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  then Iā€™m certain thereā€™s enough cash in the broadcast rights to fix this substandard but crucial portion of our game.

3 Likes

Yep.
Enough sticky tape over the cracks.
Farcical.

If the cheer/grog squad was organised enoughā€¦you canā€™t evict 100 peopleā€¦

2 Likes

Boffa forgot to finish with a ā€œfark off AFLā€

1 Like

I doubt he wrote that article without assistance

2 Likes

Never judge a book by its cover

3 Likes

For several years have been wanting deep down for the comp just to fizzle out and die a slow death with more and more people losing interest.
Holding out hope

3 Likes

13 Likes

Her sign said ā€œthe AFL can take our points but cant take our prideā€

4 Likes

I dont want that

Do they need a poster child???

1 Like