Fan Engagement - What does this even mean?

Fan engagement is ensuring ‘Two Tribes’ is blasting from the speakers at Etihad before the first siren sounds, and then making sure ‘Relax’ is playing as the supporters are contemplating a half time walkout

2 Likes

It is asking dons fans whether they like a punt.

3 Likes

Yeah it was very poor. The following year the kids went to Hawks, Melbourne and Richmond. The indigenous room at my old work has signed jumpers from all these clubs bar Essendon.
When I left the organisation they gave me a framed photo from the trip. I have a photo from Optus Oval in my office. Let’s just say I don’t go into the FC thread as I had such a great experience with their club.

My premier experience of EFC fan engagement is getting notified I can get 10% off in the Bomber Shop.

Coming in second, is getting notified I can get 18% off in the Bomber Shop (for a short time only).

1 Like

We are only cash cows and have been for 20 years

2 Likes

Fan engagement should be people wanting to write GAME DAY in the relevant thread in the morning before a game.

3 Likes

Went to a local footy final today to support my nephew in the u18s. Didn’t need to be ‘engaged.’ The footy was all we needed. Great canteen food at a great price. And I mean great canteen food. Good entry price. Thanks for coming!

I don’t need all the ‘rubbish’ and most people don’t need it either. Make footy the focus.

7 Likes

Well if your a successful club in the long term you can probably get away with treating your supporters like sh*t.

But just because you’re not interested in engaging with and the feeling connected with your club doesn’t mean other members dont.

Building a strong community is best practice for the success of a football club (even at local level). Clubs will fluctuate with levels of success over long periods of time, and I don’t believe any club can get away with ignoring their support base without it affecting the clubs bottom line and onfield success.

1 Like

I’m a 25 year member this year and was invited to tour the Hanger but I couldn’t make it on that date due to work commitments. I asked the Club could they offer something else instead as I was planning on taking my 8 year daughter to keep up her interest but they simply said no.

4 Likes

Why are we as supporters and member getting little to none communication from the club?

• Crichton medal stream coverage was very poor during breaks
  • No trade period video tell us what they are hoping to achieve
  • No President video updating members about the last 24 - 48 hours

Just letting the MSM run all over the club and supporter are just have to wear it as usual.

We deserve better

2 Likes

Because we told them we want them to focus on football

3 Likes

ohh spicy

Sounds like the club wanted the photo op showing a bunch of members around the hanger.

The club doesn’t care about the welfare of fans, “fan engagement” is always really about fan exploitation.

In the last 48 hours, fan engagement as EFC has been excrement engaging the fan.

1 Like

Brad Scott has been doing the rounds on mainstream radio.

Honestly, a good starting point is to get him on one/or 2 of the Fan podcasts…. Where members can ask him real & honest questions, without the headline baiting rubbish.

Supporters have real concerns, and supporter podcasts are an excellent way to dig deeper into these areas…… with having 2 way conversation about the players, the list & mentality of the club.

1 Like

@CJohns have you got in contact with Brad yet?

Not yet. Love to have him on

You get what you pay for and we have been paying these fools for too long

Nothing like winning games of football to increase fan engagement. Fair to say Geelong, Richmond and Melbourne haven’t had to worry about fan engagement the past few years. Geelong hasn’t had to worry about it for 15!

1 Like