Fark carlton (Part 1)

1 Like

Wooden that be nice to see.

3 Likes

Not for Blues

They don’t have two pick 1’s this time

SOS gave it away. whoopsie!

I went to the effort of airbrushing a FCFC logo onto a wooden spoon and gave it to Dave Hughes who my boss had hired to MC our work Xmas harbour cruise during the saga
He was pretty good about it too & said to me “at least you guys have a valid reason right now for being ■■■■ - we just are”

13 Likes

Adelaide Crows must be loving how this is playing out for them.

3 Likes

You can see why they went for pick 19 as a priority.
Last time they had pick 19, they were able to secure Blaine Boekhorst who played upwards of 10 games.

10 Likes

If they get a priority pick it is just plain wrong. Their list strategy has been appalling. Rewarding them with an extra pick just means clubs are more likely to look for quick fixes, ie bringing in GWS rejects rather than drafting deeper into the draft, if they know an extra pick will be thrown their way if things don’t work out.

That team of first round picks they have on their list in The Age today shows where they have it all wrong. Fark Carlton think first round picks bring you success. They completely overlook the fact that you actually need to develop them and turn raw products into AFL players. This is their biggest mistake in my view.

Fark Carlton.

11 Likes

They will be disappointed on two fronts - one that Bolton got clipped and two that they weren’t allowed to swap first rounders with Fark Carlton for the next 5 years.

I know their list is absolute, glorious ■■■■, but whoever comes in has what must be the easiest 11 week gig in football - look more competent than Brendon Bolton.
You could turn up in a spiderman costume and still look better.

I still think back to them deciding Matt Wright didn’t do enough for a 2 year contract - after playing 65 of a possible 66 games, and finishing 1st or 2nd in their goalkicking for 3 years.

The hell?

4 Likes

Remember that Bootsma guy they had, who from memory was sending explicit pics, possibly to underage girls.

And what about that guy they sacked who was robbing his team/housemates?

They’ve had plenty of loose units over the years.

1 Like

LOL, who was that?

1 Like

Angwin? Or maybe it was just the drug taking. Should’ve traded to Pies.

3 Likes

I’m sure the AwFuL in their infinite wisdom will be sure to reward FC’s utter mediocrity with a top 10 (maybe even top 5) priority pick…

Imagine being their recruiting team when they got that call…

“Sorry, who is this again…?”

Wasn’t that Juddy? When the team put in their lunch orders at the local cafe, he took home all the lunches cos he thought anything in a brown paper bag was for him

23 Likes

Laurence angwin, Justin Murphy. Two of the lowest form of human being you will come across

1 Like

Karl Norman was in there too.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t mean just that incident but just in general, yep he was, another winner
Murphy’s best work involved team mates, and partners valuables on game day. Proper dog

Bloke who ran the pool shop when I was in Ormond was a mad Blues man. Told me that Col Kinnear told him that Angwin was a sad story…came from a broken home, ordinary parents etc.

I just told him that Col Kinnear was a bullshit artist and he should be very careful. I know Angwin’s dad quite well and he’s a top bloke with a very senior position in Melbourne infrastructure. Shocking sniper in the old days of amateur footy with Balaclava though. Used to belt blokes on the sly and called it “doing a Tucky”. Michael Tuck was well known for his in-close sniping.

Allegedly, Laurence just got into bad company at school in Seaford. On the happy pills big time. Adelaide found that out to their dismay after they drafted him at pick 7.

4 Likes

Still, Walsh, Cripps, Dow, Setterfield, SPS, the Curnows, all very good, Marchbank and Weitering aren’t spuds and will be above average defenders or swing men, even McKay shows promise. Kruzer will play another 3 years at least and he towelled Bell up with ease. A good coach should be able to do something with that core and I’m sure there’s a few I’m forgetting.

So here’s hoping they Fark themselves yet again, it’s been the only thing keeping me entertained for the last decade of AFL.