Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

How is “Essendon taking a massive gamble”?

2 Likes

We are giving other teams a chance by hoping he slides to our pick.

The kid wants to play for us we should be making sure he gets drafted by us and not leaving it to chance.

I was bit surprised we gave our pick for Francis to Melbourne for Weid would have kept that pick for Munkara.

It’s hard to elaborate without giving it away. But it’s definitely rock solid.

I have also heard - like someone else posted tonight - that Cal Twomey is also confident he won’t be picked in the national draft.
The consensus from my source and Cal is that the kid just didn’t play enough footy in second half of year and clubs won’t take the chance.

7 Likes

You literally have no idea what the recruiting team are ‘hoping’ or planning or whatever. Stop looking under every damn rock for hypotheticals to panic about ffs.

18 Likes

The same could be said about people on here thinking he’ll get to our pick like it’s guranteed

Ok, that’s good enough for me.

Hope you are correct

Why is there so much Munkara chat in the “Father Son Watch” thread?
WHO IS MUNKARA’S FATHER??

5 Likes

Good question. My answer: Mr Munkara.

5 Likes

Darth Vader?

2 Likes

FKG LOL

2 Likes

If we miss out on munkara it’s not the end of the world

4 Likes

Logistically how does that work out anyway? Our biggest currency would be pick 22 in a trade back, but whatever we trade back into will only get wiped out by a Davey bid anyway.

There’s other players available in the 30’s guys, not everyone is as obsessed with Munkara as we are.

2 Likes

You mean as Nino is ……

1 Like

Mankura’s value for us is only if we get him as an academy player, if we have to pay a pick inside 40 for him he is just like any other player in the draft. This suggestion of acquiring a pick before 40 to use on him, just because he wants to play for us, is ridiculous.

10 Likes

It’s a weak draft this year can see a club take a punt on Munkara with a pick in the 30’s imo espcially if he’s the best avaible indigenous talent in the draft

What happens if he gets past 40 and we can match ?? Do we ??

I can see Brisbane picking him in the 30s, just to absolutely troll us

2 Likes

SPOILER ALERT!!!

5 Likes

Most likely teams to pick munkara are obviously teams who need a small/mid sized forward and, in my opinion, non-vic teams given he’s not from here. Much more incentive than picking a vic kid given the ever increasing player power.

GC? Just lost rankine.

GWS? Just lost bobby hill.

Sydney? Just delisted ronke, bell.

West coast? Just lost Rioli