Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Eagles with picks 23 and 29 have got to be the biggest worry to eliminate our pick 25 surely?

Maybe 23 but 29 won’t matter. Highly doubt they bid though

1 Like

Agree. It would be a smart play from the eagles to wipe out our pick 25 leaving an extra player on the board for their pick 29. Lets hope they trade one of them

1 Like

True hadn’t thought of it that way. Hopefully this doesn’t happen.

In the second round onwards the F/S discount is a flat 197 points.

So if I’m calculating it right if GWS bid straight up with pick 22 we’d need 648 points to match. This would eliminate pick 25 and we’d get Davey and pick 63 in return.

Few options to trade with in the 30’s that would provide a better outcome that I’d hope we’d look at.

1 Like

We don’t need #25 to match so if a bid comes before it we’ll likely trade it into 2023.

And we’d be talking that up so WCE know there is no benefit from bidding early.

3 Likes

Getting Keeler today as well would go a long way to paying that back…

4 Likes

Don’t do it to yourself Ben.

1 Like

I know, I cannot get ahead of myself

Is this right @THE_DON1 ?
Great if true.

Fixed that for you.

would you spend 22 on Keeler?
reminds me of a young paddy Ryder.

I don’t know if Keeler will be any good.

However a ruckman who can successfully play the majority of time somewhere that isn’t the ruck is a definite need for our list.

2 Likes

that’s exactly who he reminds me of as well, a more forward/ruck rather than ruck/forward I think though at AFL level

1 Like

Sounds like exactly the kind of player we could use :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t it concerning that Adelaide didn’t nominate Keeler though? Is that a red flag? Cal seemed to think he will be picked up outside 30 anyway.

I don’t know what he did wrong, but it’s pretty surprising looking at his highlights that he wouldn’t be a top 30 pick.

1 Like

Who knows?

Maybe he just told the Crows he didn’t want to go there to be mentored by Tex Walker.

Maybe the Crows think Lemmey and Scully are just better options and they have no need for a player like Keeler. They also have Thilthorpe.

Maybe he has some legal trouble hanging over his head.

We can only make judgements based on the evidence available to us.

As such…

GET HIM THE FARK IN

Dodo looks ■■■■■■■ smug

I reckon it was a tactic to deter clubs from picking him before 41

Not nominating him meant they couldn’t match him.