Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

I know. I thought they’d take him in 40s without nominating him

So we’re 2 Daveys down. How many more to go? I know there’s at least 1.

The Davey boys will be the turning point for the EFC… we’re back BABY!

2 Likes

I think it’s three.

Of the boys, there is two at last head-count. Alijah and Cruz.

Yep. Just checked. 2 boys and 2 girls.

Nice work, Froggy!

1 Like

Any prominent father/son pics for next year?

So this is the Alijah/Koby thread now yeah?

4 Likes

There are a few options from the JHA newsletter. I’ve no idea of their prospects.

Next year Will Hamilton and Luke Barnard are available. We’ve also got NGA prospects Ryan Eyre, Amin Naim, and Mahmoud Taha. They would all need to be in that sweet spot of 41+, but still decent.

We will have a Cat B position free next year as 2023 is McBride’s third year, so could do what we did with Munkara if someone doesn’t get drafted.

Will Hamilton
Son of Premiership Player Steve, the 193 developing key defender played some excellent football with the Cannons and also St.Bernard’s College (ACC). Luca’s aerial power improved throughout the season, incredibly coachable and hard working, Luca was able to nullify some quality forwards throughout the NAB League Season.

Luke Barnard
The son of Premiership Bomber Paul, Luke played some excellent football with Essendon Doutta Stars in the EDFL u/18 competition. Luke is a very diligent young man with a bright future ahead of him. Luke was recently invited to train with the Calder Cannons which is great reward for effort.

Amin Naim
A medium sized forward, Naim consistently hit the scoreboard at NAB League Level in 2022 as a bottom ager and was rewarded with Vic Metro u/17 selection. Amin worked incredibly hard on his endurance over the summer and is starting to see some really pleasing results.

Ryan Eyre
The younger brother of current Bomber Josh, Ryan had an injury interrupted season, however, fought back late in the year to get back out on the field. Ryan kicked 5 goals in a match playing for Kilmore at Senior Level before quickly being elevated in to the Calder Cannons team. Sadly, for Eyre, he suffered a season ending ankle injury after taking a cracking mark on the lead. A really big summer ahead for Ryan who has shown a lot of talent.

Mahmoud Taha
“Moudy” had an excellent first season with the Calder Cannons playing as a Half Forward / Mid and was duly rewarded with Vic Metro u/17 selection. Mahmoud has a lot of tricks and his strong performances have led to him being named to play for the AFL Futures Game on Grand Final Day – a game which highlights the best bottom age prospects around the Country

4 Likes

That’s a good sign to have a couple of state reps at u17s level.

Thats quite the revelation. Will Hamilton is the son of Steve Alessio, and he calls him Luca.

13 Likes

Well, at least it wasn’t my screw up. That’s what is in the magazine!

DNA test Waylon, I keep saying it!!!

1 Like

Didn’t know Paul Hamilton and Alessio were a couple! Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Also, Ryan Eyre? Really? WSPHU.

6 Likes

Booked marked this…not sure why. Just seemed to be said with such confidence but no legit reason…

2 Likes

Look there’s a right way to do this and a wrong way.
I’m not sure telling Luca his real name is Will and his real dad is Paul should be done through the JHA newsletter.
I mean surely get everyone in the one room and tell the lad …

1 Like

Genetically, he would be siblings to Al and Jayden. Waylon’s father is Froggy’s identical twin

That’s why HAP keeps saying it.

2 Likes

That’s the joke, yes.

2 Likes

good news for alijah.

33 Likes