Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

hope he has a good set of physios to strengthen his leg muscles, so doesn’t get injured like old man or davey boys. We dont relaly need Archie Reid, with Bewick coming through.

The first thing I saw on that link was this article, which just feels appropriate.

Haha, but what search term did you use?

“Mad Blitz Scientist”

I have 2 questions.

1. What attributes does he have that make him so good?
  2. Will he be the greatest player the game has ever seen?
1 Like

Great mark, fast, kicke great left and right. Reads the play well and can play any position on the ground… not joking

Yes

12 Likes

I imagine he is pretty driven, and professional how he goes about his business to which is key to getting to the next level.

If he won a Brownlow in the next five years, and then two more, set a games-played record that lasted decades, and captain-coached a couple of Premierships , then he would just be in the discussion to be compared to Di ck Reynolds.

4 Likes

Is it wrong to go and watch these kids at 14 years old?

It’s a little weird if they are not your kids!

14s is the earliest scouts will go out of the way to watch, if your not a scout I’d say it’s pretty weird :joy:

1 Like

Whens the earliest a kid can play in the TAC/NAB/Coates league

I don’t see why we couldn’t just pick him up now. Tim Watson was only 15 when he debuted for Essendon.

How much could really have changed in

(breaks out calculator)

46 years?

5 Likes

Usually need to be 15 at youngest

1 Like

Some guys play two years ahead of their draft year, but not very many. I remember seeing Rowell do it for Oaleigh, for instance. It depends a bit on size and position as well as ability though. There’s very few kpp spots in a side and clubs prefer to play their draftable blokes over underaged (and 16yo talls tend to be REAL skinny). And even mids, while you can more easily fit a very young bloke in the rotation there, but they still have to have the size to not get hurt. Rowell, for instance, was his current size even as a 16yo and fit right in.

1 Like

It was on the top recommendation in the landing page. I thought it was going to be a direct doc link, so cracked up laughing when that was the first thing on the screen.

I reckon I remember seeing Jake Melksham play in a Grand Final at 16 for Calder back in the day. Pretty sure he played three years at Calder.

Levi Ashcroft played a couple of games for the Sandy Dragons last year, he won’t be draft age until next season.

2 Likes

i thought he was this year, he’s already getting beat ons. Geez lions lucky.

young Lloydy still a few years off.

9 Likes