Favorite Places To Eat

Tassie pinot?

They have developed a wine that assists with incontinence.

It's called pinot more.

Went to Barossa last summer.

Thing I learnt was, do not go to Barossa over summer.

I like to eat dinner at the dinner table, but sometimes I'll eat in front of the telly. I always take my toast and tea in the morning in the sun room.

dainty sichuan in box hill rocks my world. go there, you know you wanna.

Yeah. Me likey too. Box Hill has some good places to eat.
dumpling king on station st.

seriously. f*ck
Damn right.

Sichuan Restaurant up the end ofCarrington rd near the roundabout is pretty ■■■■■■ amazing too.

Haven't been to the BH verison of Dainty yet though.  I'm a big fan of Sichuan food, but it's a bit hard finding someone willing to go eat mounds of chilli with me!

The Indochine isn't bad. Sugar cane prawn rolls.
The dumpling king is awesome also.

dc dumplings is pretty awesome, aesthetically a bit of a dive but always packed, well priced, you won't find many better dumplings on the strip either...

seriously. f*ck
Damn right.

Sichuan Restaurant up the end ofCarrington rd near the roundabout is pretty ■■■■■■ amazing too.

Haven't been to the BH verison of Dainty yet though.  I'm a big fan of Sichuan food, but it's a bit hard finding someone willing to go eat mounds of chilli with me!

dc dumplings is pretty awesome, aesthetically a bit of a dive but always packed, well priced, you won't find many better dumplings on the strip either...

fkg concur on DC.

seriously. f*ck
Damn right.

fkg concur on DC.

<3 bok hirr

seriously. f*ck
Damn right.

fkg concur on DC.

<3 bok hirr

you wan the pok? ? 

Mahn Doo, Korean joint on La Trobe St. Well priced with a nice atmosphere.

Cafe Armenia in Caulfield doesn’t look like it’s coming back this time, sadly. Been closed for a couple of years now - it’s taken a long hiatus and then reopened in a new place before, but this is starting to look depressingly permanent. I assume one of the oldies who ran it must have died :frowning:
Very, very sad. Possibly the best soups on the planet, brilliant dried meats and picked veg, bbq shaslik server on honest-to-god swords. Stuffed eggplant to trample your granny for. And the huge glass drinking horn of homebrewed … stuff … they brought out when you had a birthday dinner there was something to engrave on the memory.

Número Uno in Pier St, Altona, best pizza in the Western Suburbs IMHO.

Hobart update…

I’m a big fan of breakfast, so was very happy to go to Brown Ginger (Gonger Brown?) in south Hobart.

The place was pumping, great coffee, great selection of different eats on the all day menu. I had some caramelized pork for breakfast, as you do, was great. The place also appears to be a meeting place for all the well heeled post school drop of mums if you’re hunting cougar.

Will be back, but no cougars for me.

if you feel the need to have afghan food, go to Grand Diamond in thomas st dandenong. horrible decor but the food is awesome and affordable. More bread than you can poke a stick at too. make it happen.

if you feel the need to have afghan food, go to Grand Diamond in thomas st dandenong. horrible decor but the food is awesome and affordable. More bread than you can poke a stick at too. make it happen.

Some good African food out there too.

think i'll give that a go next time. any in particular?

Nup, just spot one and wander in. I've tried 3, and they are all the same as the Afghan joints. Crap decor, slack but enthusiastic service, and really tasty food at pretty decent prices.

Nup, just spot one and wander in. I've tried 3, and they are all the same as the Afghan joints. Crap decor, slack but enthusiastic service, and really tasty food at pretty decent prices.

yes, this! haha

looking for recommendations from the lovely blitz community. organising a christmas dinner for my close mates and +1's for roughly 13-15 people. no real preference on cuisine, modern/italian probably preferable

CBD and surrounds, inner east, brunswick, southbank, not too fussed, price not really an issue... we generally end up splitting at probably just over $120/head over the past few years including beer/spirits, wines we bring along. generally ends up at siglo, things get messy and expensive there, regretful emails proceed monday. standard fare

cheers!

I know I’m not from Melbourne and you don’t like me cause I’m Greek, but look up Guy Grossi’s Merchant restaurant if you haven’t already been there. I loved it when I went last month and I think it would be a really nice place for a big dinner.

haha, not entirely true. thanks for the suggestion, i've heard of it but never been, i'll check it out

Matteo in Brunswick ticks the boxes.

You can even ask for a private area for your group that is separated from the rest of the restaurant. Food and drink was pretty good. 

really like matteo's, if there's a private area then definately worth consideration. cheers