Favourite Instrumentals (Title changed for Soulnet, but will now be incorrect for some other reason)

Moby ■■■■ - Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive

African Beat - Bert Kaempfert

Memphis - Lonnie Mack

Faith No More - Midnight Cowboy

Does Dave Steward being from Eurthymics count?

Otherwise, this is cute.

Black on Black Crime - Stanley Clarke
Rockit - Herbie Hancock
Toccata - Sky
Time - Hans Zimmer
St Elmo’s Fire Theme - David Foster (shut up)

Black on Black Crime - Stanley Clarke Rockit - Herbie Hancock Toccata - Sky Time - Hans Zimmer St Elmo's Fire Theme - David Foster (shut up)

lol - Sky’s Toccata ???

Actually, I used to like that one also in the 80’s.
Next you’ll be putting up Hooked on Classics :slight_smile:

Just for dissin’ John Williams…
The Deer Hunter.

Edit: Cavatina or whatever.

Going Home (Theme from Local Hero) - Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits

2 Likes

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You
The Dirty 3 - Everthings F*cked
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
My Friend the Chocolate Cake - Several
Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Elton John - Funeral for a Friend
Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now
Oils - WC Island
Arthur “Guitar Boogie” Smith. - Dueling Banjos
vSpyvSpy - AO ( I’m goin with it Zim, it qualifies for mine.)
Black Sabbath - Laguna Sunrise
Pink Flloyd _ TGGITS

This could go on & on really …

1 Like

This is great! I’ve got an instrumentals playlist on my Spotify. Going to look a few of these up.

Stand Up - Prodigy
Wedding Cake Island - Midnight Oil
Freeway - Honeyroot
Patricia’s Moving Picture - The Go! Team
18 - Moby
Girls - Death in Vegas

Fugazi - Steady Diet.

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You The Dirty 3 - Everthings F*cked Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells My Friend the Chocolate Cake - Several Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Elton John - Funeral for a Friend Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now Oils - WC Island Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith. - Dueling Banjos vSpyvSpy - AO ( I'm goin with it Zim, it qualifies for mine.) Black Sabbath - Laguna Sunrise Pink Flloyd _ TGGITS

Like lots of these by the great gig in the sky? No lyrics but it's got one of the great vocal performances of all time for mine, so not sure it counts! Lots of stuff by people like Santana, Jeff beck, Ry cooder (whole soundtrack from Paris Texas among lots of stuff), Rick wakeman, ELP (fanfare for the common man was a good one), al de meola, etc. I liked sky as well!

Romp - my friend the chocolate cake - really love the build up of this, quite like folky stuff.

How about the opening theme from pulp fiction?

Not rock but I always loved take 5 by Dave Brubeck

1 Like
Fugazi - Steady Diet.

It’s been a while since I listened to that album, but I recall a couple on there that just build and build, great tunes.

Obviously you have a couple tracks on Repeater + 3 Songs which are pretty cool too.

Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner @ Woodstock is always a cracker. Best played earsplittingly loud, come to think of it, most music is.

Monster Magnet - ‘Tab…25’ is a 3 track EP thay goes for 50 minutes, the first 2 tracks are instrumentals, and you gotta listen to it in its entirety.
Tab…
25/Long hair
Are the 2 instrumentals 45min of psychedelic rock.

Ry Cooder - Available Space

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You The Dirty 3 - Everthings F*cked Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells My Friend the Chocolate Cake - Several Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Elton John - Funeral for a Friend Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now Oils - WC Island Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith. - Dueling Banjos vSpyvSpy - AO ( I'm goin with it Zim, it qualifies for mine.) Black Sabbath - Laguna Sunrise Pink Flloyd _ TGGITS

Like lots of these by the great gig in the sky? No lyrics but it's got one of the great vocal performances of all time for mine, so not sure it counts! Lots of stuff by people like Santana, Jeff beck, Ry cooder (whole soundtrack from Paris Texas among lots of stuff), Rick wakeman, ELP (fanfare for the common man was a good one), al de meola, etc. I liked sky as well!

Romp - my friend the chocolate cake - really love the build up of this, quite like folky stuff.

+1

+1

Weird - on my way home from the game, first post I look at, Take 5 comes on my ipod, random

Peter Gunn theme - Blues Brothers version

Jeff Beck - Big Block, live from Crossroads 2007. Now about my fave live track ever.

Jeff Beck - The Pump, from the Risky Business ST.

More later.

Speaking of Jeff Beck.
“Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers”

Not the best live version of this I’ve seen, but good anyway.

Ozzie gal Tal Wilkenfeld on Bass…

Really appreciate this, the live albums tread and the favourite songs by favourite artists thread.
It’s got me listening to a lot of stuff…I hadn’t really forgotten I liked, but haven’t played in a long time.

Initiation and The Journey - Tommy Emmanuel